• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop without Creative cloud?

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can i download photoshop without creative cloud? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Basically- you cannot!

Even if you can obtain a download file to install Ps, you will still need the CC Desktop App to Validate your subscription and Activate Photoshop.

Without the Desktop App - Ps will cease to work.

Photoshop is installed in your computer 'locally' it can operate (while Activated) without internet access.

You do not have to use the 'Cloud' for anything other than- Install and Activate Ps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason Photoshop 3D is removed, is because it was built on the old OpenGL framework, which is no longer supported in Windows or MacOS. All the GPU code is now rewritten for DirectX / Metal. That made little sense for 3D.

But yes, I agree, it never really felt like it belonged in Photoshop, so we won't miss it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason Photoshop 3D is removed, is because it was built on the old OpenGL framework, which is no longer supported in Windows or MacOS. All the GPU code is now rewritten for DirectX / Metal. That made little sense for 3D.

But yes, I agree, it never really felt like it belonged in Photoshop, so we won't miss it.

By @D Fosse

There would be a solution, if it would have been essential to Photoshop.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I'll jump in too since I came here to find out about uninstalling CC as well – no, it's not normal. I have a 2021 iMac, and I have also been using Adobe products since 1997, and they have indeed become bloated, overlarge, and power- and CPU-sucking hungry. Creative Cloud App is *always* running something, not just 'periodically' – it's checking it's verified, it's looking for updates (waaaay too many updates) and when it is on in the background the computer slows to a crawl unless i physically Quit it. I wish the Adobe team would spend a year just making the existing products more efficient, than keeping adding to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Craig335275197nxc 

If your computer is slowing down you have other problems. It's very convenient to blame it on CC background processes, but the rest of us don't have these problems.

If you take a closer look the CC background processes aren't using any resources, no CPU, no memory. They're basically just sitting there. The license check is perhaps two seconds each day.

All these processes are part of any major application these days - they just become an easy target here because Adobe lifted them all out of the individual applications and collected them under the CC app umbrella. That's actually much more economical in terms of bandwidth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D Fosse, it was not 'convenient', it was really happenning – I do have mediocre internet conncetivity where I live, which can't be helped (ahd should not afffect apps i.e. Photoshop / Illustrator that are literally installed on the machine). That CC app was indeed often doing *something* and needed to be quit for my computer to run smoothly.  It also doesn't square that both you and Adobe say it's a frequent complaint, yet you propose that all those users are wrong and you're right – even Adobe's own messaging contradicts your reply. So I am glad that as of *last week* they have addressed my 4-year-long complaint.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-desktop-discussions/adobe-background-processes/m-p/142...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Craig335275197nxc 

did adobe's recent cc desktop app update solve the problems you were seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a very frequent complaint, people just seeing all these processes and automatically assuming that whatever problems they had were caused by this. I still don't buy that. But if this silences some of the complaints, all good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is not corrects...Blender don't do this. And is a 3d software!

By @Andrea Macor

Photoshop isn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not getting it. NO ONE WANTS TO SUBSCRIBE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You are not getting it. NO ONE WANTS TO SUBSCRIBE. "

Well, some 20 million and more already have. That's a lot of no ones. You don't have to get on the bus, but it isn't going to wait for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just because people have subscribed, doesn't mean they wanted to. I subscribed, and beleive me, I did not want to! Adobe has created a huge suite of software that we all grew up learning how to use and now we have no choice but to use this clunky, wholly unnecessary, hub sofware that complicates the usage of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, you do have choices, some free. The choices may not be as full-featured as the Adobe software, but one has to decide the value of those features. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, mafia tactics then? Subscribe or else? I don't want to, I want to just buy the product because it is cheaper. Yes, it would actually be cheaper for me, I don't need anyone try to say it isn't... Anyway, I got locked into adobe over years and now it would be a nightmare to untangle myself from it. Bring back the software purchase, I don't need the damn updates, there hasn't been anything worthwhile added in years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please keep your tone civil.

If you don't want to subscribe then take a look at Photoshop Elements which can be purchased and may meet your requirements.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess what? When my MacBook starts up and I check my Activity Monitor, I see at least 10 "CCXProcess", "CCLibrary" and "Core Sync" running there, each taking up ~40MB of memory and I don't even know who put them there. Do you think there aren't some decent developers who use your program? I can think of a hundred ways to authenticate an app from offline key registration to online account validation, but "putting tens of background processes on user's machine all the time taking up so much resources that it shouldn't have" is definitely not one of them.

And guess what? I had tried Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. Even after it told me it had done its job, upon next reboot I still see Core Sync in my Activity Monitor. What a surprise!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had photoshop long before the stupid cloud existed and am not getting put on a "payment plan" for something that I already own a physical copy of. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'...am not getting put on a "payment plan" for something that I already own a physical copy of'

The payment plan is not for something you already have a physical copy of.

The last perpetual version was v13 (CS6). The current version is v24. So that's like comparing v13 (CS6) to v2 - things have moved on.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dawn23959407qcd2 

if you don't want a subscription, don't subscribe.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I rarely have an internet connection. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have to contact adobe support for direct links, use a browser that allows popups and cookies and contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

p.s you can also use phone (but chat is usually quicker), https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

p.p.s. you can also use twitter to tweet @AdobeCare

p.p.p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need a connection once each 99 days. Be prepared, however, to have your OS wanting to update big chunks of data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also interested in this question, because I was going to use Adobe to crop and prepare patient photos for things like academic articles. I cannot afford to have photos of my patients uploaded to a cloud that is not secure or HIPAA compliant...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Alex22702602oeh6  Photoshop can store images on the cloud but does not have to. You are given a choice and can set Preferences so you aren't pestered with that choice. I store all my images locally

Lightroom has two versions. Lightroom which was designed around cloud use, and Lightroom Classic which is designed around local PC use. I use the latter.

I hope that helps

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Alex22702602oeh6 

save nothing on line and using photoshop cc is no different than any other app used on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines