• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Won't Let Me Make New Brushes

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what's going on, but Phtoshop CC 2024 will not let me add new brushes.

I will make a new brush preset, use the brush, and while I am in the file it exists and I am able to use.

If I close photoshop, then open photoshop again, it no longer exists. If I delete an old brush to allow space for new brushes, this still does not work and new brush presets/brushes are not retained.

I am also un able to keep new brushes that I add into the program. 

It is absolutely infuriating. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You use Edit > Define Brush Preset

Does that brush then appear in the right click menu?

image.png

Or is the brush still there, but it has lost any settings you applied to it?

If the latter, then having made the settings, you need to right click and click on the New Preset icon to right. Name the preset and make sure Include Tool Settings is checked.

image.png

That should survive a restart, but won't survive a reinstall, and — if enabled — you'll tool type in the right click menu.

image.png

If the above is not working, then it might be a permissions issue. i.e. the changes are not being saved.

If that's the case, then having created the preset with settings, right click and choose Export.  This will save it to a .abr file on your drive.  It's usually nicer to export a bunch of similar presets to the same abr file of course.  This shoould survive a restart, but you'll still have the permissions issue or whatever.  

Does any of the above fit your situation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines