• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop won't open files from Lightroom since I updated today

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated Lightroom Classic, Photoshop and Camera raw today in Creative Cloud. When trying to "edit in Photoshop 22",  nothing happens Any idea why and solutions please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

16GB

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's try you in the Photoshop forum first, although someone may move this to another forum later on.

It helps if you let people know what OS you're using as well as the specs for the platform (CPU, RAM, Graphics Card, Graphics RAM).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in Monterey 12.4, sorry I'm not very tech literate, does this help?

Apple M1 Pro:

Chipset Model: Apple M1 Pro

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

Total Number of Cores: 16

Vendor: Apple (0x106b)

Metal Family: Supported, Metal GPUFamily Apple 7

Displays:

HP E273:

Resolution: 1920x1080 (1080p FHD - Full High Definition)

UI Looks like: 1920 x 1080 @ 60.00Hz

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

Colour LCD:

Display Type: Built-in Liquid Retina XDR Display

Resolution: 3024x1964 Retina

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Automatically Adjust Brightness: Yes

Connection Type: Internal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-discussions/where-can-i-find-camera-raw-14-4-1/m-p/1303870...

Are you at least seeing the dialog asking you to "Render in Lightroom"? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I was, but it still didn't work. However I have been in touch with Adobe help and they have talked me through adding the apps to full disc accessibility and it is now working 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same trouble with the PS Beta revision downloaded today 8-4-23 (25.0) as I and many others had with the last one.   Image won't open in PS Beta from LRC until a meassage appears that PS won't open (although it already is open) and when I click on that message the file from LRC finally does open in PS Beta.  The other problem is in Select and Mask the brush cursor will not change from an arrow to a circle.

I sometimes want to open many images as layers in PS from LRC (for focus stacking in particular), but at this time I can only open up each one painstakingly then add the files as layers then do my blending.  I was hoping today's revision would fix those things but sadly, not yet.  Plans to correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep same.  I have 3 weddings I'm trying to edit, and my workflow and significantly slowed down due to this.  But I also tried switching it so it would try to open in Photoshop 23 intead of Beta, and it still won't open.
I am trying to go back to old versions to see if it will help.  This is so frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here .. it happens with PS & PS Beta ... I get exactly the same message as you. Hopefully it will be corrected sooner than later!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happening to me, too! I just had to tell a client I can't deliver tonight because of this... whatever this is. Why isn't Adobe getting in on this discussion and how do we tell them about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED?
Just got off chat with Adobe support...
The fix for this is to install version 24.7. That's what they told me and it worked for me.

Go to Creative Cloud, click on the Apps tab, then on the Beta Apps tab (should have a little flask icon). There you can install Ps Beta 24.7. And there is no need to uninstall version 25. Version 24.7 will automatically replace version 25. (Make sure Ps is closed when you open your first file from Lr.)

I think that's about it. I'll add more if I remember anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks .... I just did the same thing as you suggested and it is working. Obviously there is an issue with version 25

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They were actually honest and said "we're aware of it". 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows instead of Mac and I had been using 24.7 as you state and it was working fine...until today.  Now it still works until you want to use Generative Fill and then you get an error saying that this feature is now only available in the most current Beta so you either have to udpate and go through the connection issues or stay in 24.7 and not use GF, which is really the reason to have Beta in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... LRC to Photoshop 2023, it open the app but doesn't open the file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2024 Mar 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue.. very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines