• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop won't open images from NAS Synology

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, Just got a new Macbook, and have the up to date Photoshop. I am running a NAS Synology system. Got them all linked up no problem. For some reason when I try to open certain images (JPGS & PSD) it comes up with this:

Could not open “XXX” because the file is locked, you do not have necessary access permissions, or another program is using the file. Use the ‘Get Info’ command in the Finder to ensure the file is unlocked and you have permission to access the file. If the problem persists, save the document to a different file or duplicate it in the Finder.

The file isn't locked, and it says I have read and write permission.

It isn't on all images, just if I download an image, 'computer says no'! Sometimes I will create a PSD and then I can't open some of them.

If I duplicate the image I have downloaded it works fine.

If I drag the PSD onto my desktop it opens fine. Which led me to think it was my NAS system.

I have allowed all the permissions on my NAS system (to the best of my knowledge)

I have allowed myself Read and Write access/permissions to all the photoshop folders (as per all the initial google searches tells me to do.)

Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated, as I am pulling my hair out after stabbing myself in the eyes with a Biro...

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Thanks for the info & we're sorry that the suggested steps didn't help. Please try updating your computers macOS to the latest version (12.2.1) to check if that makes a difference.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the exact version of Photoshop you're using along with your computers macOS version?

Please ensure that Photoshop has the necessary permissions on your Mac by following the steps suggested below:

1. Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.

2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Photoshop is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.

3. If Photoshop is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.

4. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.

5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikunj,

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately it didn't help as I had already done that. They were all ticked.

macOS Monterey - 12.0.1

Photoshop 2022 version - 23.2.1

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And just to add, I have just noticed if I try to open an image and it doesn't work, if I open multiple images with that one included, it opens it fine? Don't know if that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info & we're sorry that the suggested steps didn't help. Please try updating your computers macOS to the latest version (12.2.1) to check if that makes a difference.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well now I feel like an idiot! Seems to have fixed the problem! Thank you very much for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issues for weeks now. Same thing, the only difference is that I use a Qnap NAS. Can't get that fixed. I also can't have Ai or Indesign files opened. Only if I duplicated or save them on my desktop and then re-save them on the NAS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution I have found is to open multiple files at a time. Bit laborious obviously, but opened two JPGS instead of one is the only consistent solution I have found. Hope that helps! Let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case is not only jpegs. PSD, Ai, Indd and everything else generated by Adobe CC. I thought it had something to do with the NAS but everything else is fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

experiencing the exact same issue, plus occasional complaints from After Effects about missing XML metadata. Opening multiple files works fine, opening PSDs in Preview works, as does dragging to desktop and opening there. Using Mac Studio with Monteray 12.4, Synology DS 1821+ (latest Synology OS) and all permissions check out both in MacOS and Synology File Station.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same issue here. 
Everything is uodated, but still Finder stops working, Adobe stops working whenever I just highlight a file I just saved in finder. It everytime takes about 5 minutesthan I can acces the file again. The wheel keeps turning, highly frustrating, because not workable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe apps do not work well with network storage. You should update NAS firmware and macOS, but you may have to copy files to the local drive for reliable operation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines