Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop won't open on Mac OS Monterey

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I downloaded the Adobe Photography Plan onto my new macbook pro yesterday. I mainly just want to use Lighrroom Classic and Photoshop. 

Lightroom Classic works fine, but Photoshop will not open. When I click on the icon, it just bounces in the dock and the spinning beach ball appears for several seconds, then nothing else happens. 

I tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling it but the same thing happens. 

Any ideas what I should do?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about the trouble with Photoshop. We're here to help.

Which version of the application have you downloaded? Do you see any error messages? Did you re-login to your Creative Cloud?

Please check if Photoshop has the necessary permissions using the steps suggested below:

1. Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.

2. Select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Photoshop is added to the list with a checkmark in front of it.

3. If Photoshop is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.

4. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access in the same list as Accessibility.

5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3.

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply.

It is Photoshop 2022, downloaded from Adobe Creative Cloud, which I was logged into.

There were no error messages.

I followed the steps you suggested, but after restarting my mac, photoshop would still not open.

I am unable to reset the preferences because it won't open.

It seems like the application is running in the background or something, as I have to force quit it, even though photoshop is not displayed on the screen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the same problem.. 

I can´t open Photoshop. Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Which Mac are you using?

I have a 2021 MacBook pro with an M1 silicon chip, which I think was the problem.

I downloaded the latest version of photoshop, which is supposed to run natively on Macs with the M1 Silicon chip, however, after watching a video on youtube, I discovered that I needed to open photoshop using Rosetta, which is already built into macs with the M1 chip.

If this is the same problem you have, try this:-

Finder > Applications > Right click on Adobe Photoshop app > Get info > In the general section tick the box saying ‘open with Rosetta’

Then try opening photoshop again.

I hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m using iMac 2017, 2,3 GHz  Intel Core i5

I´ve already uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop from Creative cloud. Nothing seems to help. I cannot launch Photoshop and also Lightroom seems to freeze every now and then...

I´m not that good with computers, so any help is very welcome 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can manually remove and reinstall Photoshop. 

to reinstall Photoshop.

It’s recommended that you use the Adobe CC cleaner tool to remove all traces first.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Uninstall Photoshop BUT make sure to choose the option “Yes, remove app preference”.

Once that process finishes, start the installation process and look into the “Advanced Options”. Uncheck “Import previous settings and preferences” and choose to “Remove old versions”.

Do you need to preserve preferences? 

You may want to backup your settings and custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences.

Here is general info about that:  https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences

I hope this helps

neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer

google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,  Running iMac Retina, 5k, 27-inch 2019, with macOS Monterey V12.5.  Photoshop 23.4.2 does NOT open. It just hangs and I have to force quit.  Did the settings changes in Security and Privacy per above.  Tried to start from Contents Folder>MacOS.  Terminal screen message was to change Users & Groups to Login Shell /bin/zsh.  Did that. Multiple computer restarts. I uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop multiple times. I Even tried the prior version of Ps. No different.  Photoshop ran for me last time I used it maybe a month ago.  Lr and LrC load and work fine.  Can someone please help me?

Thank you,

Art G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem finally resolved. I used Mac Clean Maintenance features including Repair Disk Permissions (old school Mac I know) and once complete, Photoshop opened without issue!

Art G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do have the same problem.. I got the file from here. It worked for me

https://maclatest.net/adobe-photoshop/

Hope it will work for you too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines