• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop won't start but shows in task manager

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I click open on creative cloud (or try to start photoshop from anywhere), nothing happens. When I check the task manager it says that Photoshop 2023 is open but I can't use it. I've tried deleting preferences, downgrading versions, ending the process on task manager, and fully reinstalling it twice. I don't really understand why it won't work, it was working fine 2 days ago. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have any plugins, you could try deleting those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If removing plugins doesn't work, then you could try using the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi maybe your system is not supporting the latest version after the update simple solution is to roll back if it other solution not works...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reported the same issue.  After launching and then quitting PS, it leaves behind a process that you can see in task mgr.
As long as that process is present, PS will not <re>launch, since it doesn't allow duplicate instances.

This has been an irritating, long-standing problem for quite a few months.  I first noticed it in PS 22, did a clean uninstall, and then a reinstall, problem existed.  No plug-ins were in use at that time.

It also happened when I paved my production box, did a clean (obviously) install of PS, and the problem repr'd as well.

This is now present in PS 24.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I saw something like that happen with some Adobe applications in the past.

Try:

1. Keep Task Manager open,
  2. End Task for Photoshop (keep Task Manager open)
  3. Start Photoshop again with Task Manager open and hopefully it'll start this time

I hope this will woek for you

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines