• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop wont allow me to automate PDF presentation

New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with latest version of PS for the PC.  Used Bridge to open jpgs in PS then tried to automate PDF presentation  and initially got a PDF with nothing in it.  Tried again and got a series of error messages 

1) unable to open file for writing.  It may be locked or unavailable

followed by

2) Cannot complete your request because of program error

followed by 

3)PDF presentaiton could not be created.

This happened irrespective of whether I used bridge to open the jpgs in PS or I did it through PS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with latest version of PS for the PC. Used Bridge to open jpgs in PS then tried to automate PDF presentation and initially got a PDF with nothing in it. Tried again and got a series of error messages
1) unable to open file for writing. It may be locked or unavailable
followed by
2) Cannot complete your request because of program error
followed by
3)PDF presentaiton could not be created.

This happened irrespective of whether I used bridge to open the jpgs in PS or I did it through PS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6 and PhotoShop 21.2.2, can't automate to a PDF at all, even after program and computer restarts.  Same sequence of 3 error messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to save in different path , it will work 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running into this issue on Photoshop v23.5.4 and 24.1.1. I've done a clean install with both, rebooted, granted all disk permissions, changed file types, changed directories and nothing works. This is completely new, everything was working as of two weeks ago. I use this feature all the time for small 3-4 page PDFs and this is error is a huge inconvenience/time-waster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad it's not just me (I am NOT a technical person...I just draw stuff). I put together an illustrated book in Affinity Publisher (I don't have ID), but couldn't save out as a PDF at an uploadable size (it was exporting at several gigs). I saved the manuscript out as TIFFs, then used the PDF presentation function in Photoshop. It worked several times, including earlier today after I made some alterations to the original document and went throught the process again. Now I'm getting the same errors as the original poster here, and I don't know what has changed to cause it. I've relaunched, PS, rebooted, tried a few different options in the creation process, but it keeps failing. Saying it's inconvenient or a time-waster is very much an understatement. This is why my wife (who works in IT but not with software) won't let me keep a hammer anywhere near my studio...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines