• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop You've Reached Device Activation Limit?

Engaged ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been seeing an error and have been unable to login to PS. I have seen this posted in the community group a couple years ago.

Last night while working a project at the public library where they have the full suite installed on a network would not allow me to access PS. I used another computer with PS and had no issues.

Now this morning I am seeing on my personal computer. I have been a long time subscriber so very perplexed as to the cause. I am working on the same desktop computer where I was using PS earlier. Now it is showing another device as trying to log in from.

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

@westdr1dw 

Can you sign out? If not, contact Customer Care, as volunteers cannot help with this. Ask them to sign you out on all devices, then sign in while they are still there.

Try the link to auto-open the Chat:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen 

If your browser blocks the Chat window, try the troubleshooting tips here:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 

If you can't find out why your browser is blocking Chat, you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have PS activated on two computers at any one time. You should have an option to sign out of the other computer — or all computers, then you can sign back in with yours.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane;

I understand the two computer policy and only have it installed on my desktop and laptop.  However, this is not the issue. Appears I am stuck in a loop trying to sign in. I continue to get the message "We did not manage to sign you in" I have shutdown my computer to reboot a couple time still same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@westdr1dw 

Can you sign out? If not, contact Customer Care, as volunteers cannot help with this. Ask them to sign you out on all devices, then sign in while they are still there.

Try the link to auto-open the Chat:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen 

If your browser blocks the Chat window, try the troubleshooting tips here:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 

If you can't find out why your browser is blocking Chat, you can also send a tweet to @AdobeCare.

Do not respond to PMs, as those will be from scammers.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a PS user for several years this was the first time I seen this message. I am not sure where the other device was connecting. Lesson learned in where to activate the devices thanks to the Adobe help desk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure I understand; did you use your license at the library or a license of the library? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the error occured on their licensed version. I did try to login when it asked me to login. This was on my account though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thoughts on logging in using my account was whereever I go I would be able to use PS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But did you log out when you left the other computer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never got in to the computer and used another which there was no error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines