• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PhotoShop

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed the latest version of PhotoShop. I cannot figure out why it takes almost 5 minutes for it to initialize and open. My old version opened in seconds. Is there something I can do to resolve this or is it just the nature of the beast now?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Thanks for response. Issue has cleared up finally.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop and OS?

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences (you then have to close and reopen Photoshop).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PhotoShop 2021 version 22.4.2. I have 12 gigs of ram and using windows 10 Home, and hard disk space of 1.8 TB. I opened PhotoShop to check the actual version and surprisingly it opened extremely fast. Seems fine now. Very odd. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi if you are trying to use the latest version it has some bugs yet if your computer is good in specs so use the older version yet..regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I cannot go back to the version I had, as I have already uninstalled it and do not have that disk anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting photoshop preferences settings, then restart yiur computer, if that doesn't work, Roll back to a previous version from the creative cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could be due to several reasons.  If a computer is old or there is not much memory left then this could be why.

But 5 minutes is quite long.... so there has to be something internally causing problems.  Is it only Photoshop giving you this issue or other applications (not just from Adobe but from other companies)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for response. Issue has cleared up finally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post the solution so we can all learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines