Photoshop

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm new here. I want to start my carrier as a graphic designer. So that's why I want to buy any editing software that helps me in making high-quality graphics, images, logos, etc. 

So please recommend to me which version is best as a graphic designer and also guide me on how to use photoshop or stuff like that.

Thanks 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems like a bit of a vague request. 

As this is a Photoshop Forum the regulars naturally are using Photoshop for image editing, which does not mean there aren’t other image editing applications – but they are not the focus here. 

And when it comes to graphic design and logos Photoshop is generally not the application of choice while, depending on the task, Indesign and Illustrator (or their competitors) offer advantages, particularly with regard to multi-page layouts and vector output. 

You might want to look up introductory courses to graphic design, either in-person or online. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@c.pfaffenbichler wrote:

"You might want to look up introductory courses to graphic design, either in-person or online."

As chance would have it, @ProDesignTools just posted this on 7 April 2022:

"This set of courses is free on LinkedIn Learning for a limited time, including essential training on Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign... No account, trial or purchase is required."

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/become-a-graphic-designer/m-p/1286499...

11 courses, 27 hours of content

Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tools for a graphic designer are Illustrator and InDesign. Not Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some (rudimentary) Photoshop knowledge would probably be expected by most potential employers in the field, though. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, absolutely. But the OP seems to think that designers generally and principally use Photoshop, which they don't.

Where I work we have a graphic designer and a photographer (yours truly). She spends most of her time in InDesign and some Illustrator. She has Photoshop and knows her way around it, but usually sends any PS work over to me.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you buy these high end professional apps - expect to need professional training. They aren't designed to help you or lead you through the process.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AS a newbie which wants to start his career as a designer and you want to purchase these apps you have to attend the expert trainings for proper learning. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines