Photoshops prompts not showing, when prompts are supposed to be shown, cant click anything

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  Anyone have this issue?

When I do certain things in photoshop like try to close without saving, when the prompt " Do you want to save before closing " shows up its invisible.  I cant choose yes or no because the prompt does not show.  Since I cant answer the prompt, I cant click anything else on photoshop either or I get that ping you get when you havent answered a prompt and you try to do something.

I thought at first that the prompt was showing below the canvas for some reason, because when I click Escape the prompt shows for a split second before cancelling.  But reduced canvas size and moved it to the side and still dont see a prompt.

The same issue happens when I try to delete a layer mask.  The prompt that asks if I want to apply the mask before deleting is invisble and I cant click it.  Im forced to apply the mask before deleting or I cant delete it.

For the saving I am forced to save the file or force quit photoshop which is absolutely ridiculous.  Sometimes I go into a file to reverse engineer something.  I might toggle a bunch of layers, I dont want to have to be forced to save it after.

Attached screenshot is of the invisible prompt when I try to close without saving.  It shows so quick when pressing escape that I had to do a screen recording and go frame by frame to find the prompt and make sure what it said.

Im using PS version 23.1.1 on an M1 Max Pro on Monterray 12.2

Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Try: Preferences > Reset All Warning Dialogs

EDIT: @Lyndon0D44 – did either suggestion fix the issue?

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And do the shortcuts work? 

What have you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shortcuts were working.  I ended up just resetting warning dialogs like the other poster suggested and I havent had the issue since.  So it seems like that may have done the trick.  Thanks so much for your reply.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try: Preferences > Reset All Warning Dialogs

EDIT: @Lyndon0D44 – did either suggestion fix the issue?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far this seems to have fixed the issue.  Thanks so much.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work for me, as that prompt is also invisible. I am on the latest MBP M1 Max

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Keeedo wrote:

This does not work for me, as that prompt is also invisible. I am on the latest MBP M1 Max

Have you tried to reset preferences?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This does work for me.  But it seems its only temporary.  Adobe CC has been incredibly buggy for me in general.  Unless you are someone that religiously resets their computer every few hours, bugs just multiply.  Its actually a huge issue because if you have multiple files open and have made changes to 2 but only want to save one, you are completely out of luck and have to force quit the program to do anything at all.  Restarting or reseting warning dialogs works, but you will never know when the problem will pop up again.  But it surely will soon and probably at the worst time.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines