Photshop CC tools stop working

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop CC tools randomly stop working. They seem to cutout and it happens constantly. Its very annoying. This only seems to happen with photoshop. I'm most often using the BRUSH or the LASSO. They just cut out. The only remedy I've found is to add a new layer and use the tool until it becomes responsive again, which. take a bout 15-20 seconds. I don't think it's a hardware issue as I'm running a brand new 27" Imac with 32 GB of RAM.

Any idea whats going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've finally resolved the issue by following the advice above: disabling 'flick panning' in preferences. It doesn't affect my experience in any way and I finally can work smoothly without constant interruptions. Hope it helps!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good tip! I'm pretty sure it has definitely something to do with this. From my own experience, I was having this issue mostly (or maybe even exclusively) after panning like crazy and trying to do some action on my image while it hadn't stop moving yet. So this could very much get rid of the cause. Thanks for sharing!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response, but sadly this doesn't help for me either.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have had this issue for sometime but never been able to duplicate the error.   Tonight I have been able to duplicate the error.  It seems that when using my brush and sampling the color, I inadvertantly press the <Win> button and everything stops working... not frozen, just not working.  Does anyone know if there is reverse button for this?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, it's not a photoshop issue, it's a WACOM Tablet issue.  I am using an older tablet, but I noticed that when I hit the <win> button, my brush stops working... ok, but if I press the mouse <right> button, then every thing starts working again on the Tablet.  DOn't know if thats the fix, but it works for me..

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me every hour or so when using Photoshop. I have found that closing and then re-opening the image restores functionality.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ya, that's that's what I do also, but it is a pain.  For me it seems to happen when I using the clone stamp tool, not paying attention and inadvertantly press the <win> key instead of the <alt> key when sampling, also when not paying attention and pressing the <alt> key instead of the <space> bar when using the WACOM Tablet.  Sometimes it will reset itself if I click on the mouse then go back to the Wacom tablet, but only if I catch it quick.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines