• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photshop CC tools stop working

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop CC tools randomly stop working. They seem to cutout and it happens constantly. Its very annoying. This only seems to happen with photoshop. I'm most often using the BRUSH or the LASSO. They just cut out. The only remedy I've found is to add a new layer and use the tool until it becomes responsive again, which. take a bout 15-20 seconds. I don't think it's a hardware issue as I'm running a brand new 27" Imac with 32 GB of RAM.

Any idea whats going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It was so frustrating dealing with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues, I have tried everything, NOTHING seems to fix it. I was shocked to find that this is an ongoing issue that hasn't been fixed for the last FOUR years. This is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've finally resolved the issue by following the advice above: disabling 'flick panning' in preferences. It doesn't affect my experience in any way and I finally can work smoothly without constant interruptions. Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good tip! I'm pretty sure it has definitely something to do with this. From my own experience, I was having this issue mostly (or maybe even exclusively) after panning like crazy and trying to do some action on my image while it hadn't stop moving yet. So this could very much get rid of the cause. Thanks for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response, but sadly this doesn't help for me either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have had this issue for sometime but never been able to duplicate the error.   Tonight I have been able to duplicate the error.  It seems that when using my brush and sampling the color, I inadvertantly press the <Win> button and everything stops working... not frozen, just not working.  Does anyone know if there is reverse button for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, it's not a photoshop issue, it's a WACOM Tablet issue.  I am using an older tablet, but I noticed that when I hit the <win> button, my brush stops working... ok, but if I press the mouse <right> button, then every thing starts working again on the Tablet.  DOn't know if thats the fix, but it works for me..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me every hour or so when using Photoshop. I have found that closing and then re-opening the image restores functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya, that's that's what I do also, but it is a pain.  For me it seems to happen when I using the clone stamp tool, not paying attention and inadvertantly press the <win> key instead of the <alt> key when sampling, also when not paying attention and pressing the <alt> key instead of the <space> bar when using the WACOM Tablet.  Sometimes it will reset itself if I click on the mouse then go back to the Wacom tablet, but only if I catch it quick.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is irratating as hell.  Mainly it happens when I am zoomed in close, space bar pressed, and swiping fast with the WACOM Tablet Pen.  Sometimes if put the WACOM pen down and click once with the mouse it will start working again, but if that does not work, save and shut down.   I have a habit now of saving, and saving often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, zoomed in using spaccebar. The autosave feature (edit>preferences>file handling) has come in handy given how often this problem is happening. That, and I have Ctrl+S mapped to a button on my Cintiq remote. When it happens for me, I can still use the UI, I just can't interact with the canvas. Canvases on other files work just fine though, it's just the one I was working on that freezes up. 

It's incredibly discouraging that this problem has evidently been happening since v22.0. I'm using 24.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having this exact issue since PS 22 happened, which made me stick to PS 21 the whole time. Today I decided to bite the bullet and give PS 23 a try, and this issue happened 4x within the first 10 minutes.

Can confirm:

- it happens whenever I pan

- closing the file (not photoshop) works

- disabling flick panning fixed it for me (thanks, everyone)

Preferences > Tools > untick Enable Click Panning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has not happened for a while for me, but that's only because I am aware of the issue and when zoomed in close I tend to slow-down so it doesn't happen.  I do know it only happens when I am using the WACOM Tablet.  When it happens, I'm not paying attention to my key strokes, its when I inadvertantly press the <Win Key>.  I do not believe it has ever happened on my MAC Book 16/M1.  Going to try your fix - diabling the Click Panning.  Thanks for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been following this thread for years. Still have the issue no matter what solution is presented. It's really unfortunate. Thank goodness PS still allows you to save, but the whole run around is unproductive and unnecessary for paying customers. The icing on the cake is they don't allow you to unsubscribe/uninstall without paying an "early termination" fee - even when their software isn't working correctly. What can ya do?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, I've been having this issue for over a year.  I just today found this thread and its very sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep having a simillar issue where I'll be using my drawing tablet and all of a sudden Adobe Photoshop starts showing the normal mouse cursor and I cannot use any tools (i.e.: zoom, move, select, brush, et cetera). Even when I use my physical mouse, it just refuses to work. The physical scroll bars on the window that shows the content being worked on also can be moved, but the image doesn't scroll.  I can create new layers, delete layers, go forward and backwards in editing hystory, but the content window seems like it has simply stopped rendering any changes and is stuck on the same image.

Strangely, if I create a new tab in Photoshop with a new project, that tab works just fine, but even when switching back to the original tab, it's still bugged. I have to reopen the project to restore functionality. 

I did just notice that I have a pending update for Adobe Photoshop, so I'll probably update the application and report back here if I still have the issue, or if I feel confident the issue is resolved.

Adobe Photoshop v24.41 (There's an update available, maybe it's fixed?)
Windows 10 Pro 22H2 (OS Build 19045.3448)
Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti, 64 GBs DDR4 Memory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issues. I thought there was something wrong with my laptop, keyboard not working or something. Went to a comapny to fix it - they said nothing was wrong with it, and it must be the photoshop bugs, advising me to google it (once they figured out that this was happening only with photoshop). Here I am finding a few threads about the issue that started in 2017... Adobe hasn’t had a chance to fix it…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines