Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Picking color outside Photoshop

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I cannot manage to pick colors outside of Photoshop window. I used to to that clicking inside PS with the eyedropper and dragging outide PS to pick colors from websites and other apps. Now it doesn't work anymore, I'm using Photoshop 2020 on Mac OS X Catilina.

Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

At some point Mac asked you whether you wanted to let Photoshop record the screen, and I guess you said no. Unfortunately that is what it needed to sample colours from other apps. You can go into Mac security prefs to turn it back on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At some point Mac asked you whether you wanted to let Photoshop record the screen, and I guess you said no. Unfortunately that is what it needed to sample colours from other apps. You can go into Mac security prefs to turn it back on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that was the problem!! While we are here, is it something that might happen on Windows too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this too today with new installation, great to find this was the answer. Thanks, you're a LEGEND 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks LEGEND, that got it done without any more trouble. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines