Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Picture on picture on background problem

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having some odd problems lately, not sure if it's an update that caused it. I had uninstalled and reinstalled PS yesterday which fixed the drag and drop of photos to open several at a time (wasn't working at all). However, this particular issue plagued me before the uninstall and continues today.

If I drag and drop photos from file explorer into PS, all but the last photo will stack on top of one another and you can't do any editing to them. Not to mention it just looks very odd. The PS background shows where the history is and then the previous photo is in back of the top one. No idea why this is happening.

Another issue began a while ago when I was unable to run a script/image processor export which I use often. It tells me "I am unable to create a file in this folder. Please check your access rights to this location" then lists the folder. No matter what folder I choose, it says this. It will process a few photos but mostly none (say 5 out of 50). This time I tried it with just 3 and it told me that on the first one. I googled problems, attempted the starting of PS while holding down some keys which cleared something out but didn't work. I definitely have admin access to these folders, nothing has changed there. I am an admin on my machine. I'd say this started about a month ago.

But the whole picture on a picture is recent. It doesn't matter if I drag/drop them or open them using File/Open. Anyone else have this problem? Driving me crazy.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 23.2.2 20220304.r.325 49bf0ec x64
Number of Launches: 4
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Thanks!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thank you very much for your suggestion! It DID work! However, when I re-opened some of the photos there was this strange line on the edges (right and bottom) of all of them. I disabled the use graphics processor and unchecked the one you had me check. When exiting, I got another message about 'can't write new document presets file' which I had also been getting and failed to mention. Renamed that file mentioned in another thread, reopened the pictures (same ones that had the line) and they're not there anymore. 

HOWEVER when testing out the script processor, it now throws up a message at the end of running which claims it can't process any of them and there's a line again under the photo which wasn't there before. 

I can open those same photos with the lines in PS 13 and the lines aren't there so this points to something specific with the CC version. Ugh. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We believe that underlying issue of the Photoshop home screen appearing where the document canvas should be (temporarily worked around by selecting the ‘Deactivate native canvas button’ in Technology Preview) has been fixed, and you may now de-select that button for future Photoshop sessions. Please let us know if any of these issues return once the native canvas has been re-activated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for that, will see if it happens again...just did the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines