• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pinch and zoom feature not working in photoshop (PC)

Explorer ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just bought a brand new 17 inch Alienware laptop. I am unable to use the "Two-Finger Pan and Zoom" feature in Photoshop. This feature should allow me to zoom in and out of a artboard, but instead just scrolls from side to side. I do not believe this is a driver issue because I have tried the same gesture in chrome and it works. Also, I have looked over several support pages about this and they mention turning on the gesture feature in "tools" (which are already selected) and to turn on GPU acceleration (which is also selected). I have the current version of Photoshop CC and all drivers are up to date. I am not using a PC with a touch screen (which comes up in several forums).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you have your user id Photoshop Preferences tool enable gestures checked?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if I completely understand your question. If you are asking if I have "gestures" selected in tool preferences then the answer is yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enable Gestures checked

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2019 Apr 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, and it isn't the "Enable Gestures" problem. Illustrator and InDesign both work fine in regards to gestures, and Photoshop is fine except this "pinch to scroll horizontally" issue. Like the first post, my GPU acceleration is enabled, and the enable gestures button is as well. I've gone through turning on and off different tools to see if any were the problem, but no luck.

The original poster says it isn't a driver issue (I have no problems anywhere else), but I should mention I enabled Lenovo Precision drivers on an otherwise Synaptic trackpad (HP's Spectre x360 is amazing except for it's mediocre synaptic trackpad).

I'd love help with this too... not much information on the web elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be your touch device driver.  I get touch support through my Wacom Intuos Pro device driver. Its two finger pinch zoom is too rapid for my taste not matter what zoom rate I set in the devices driver. So I wind up disabling pinch zoom and use my mouse wheel for the type of zooming. Two finger rotate works well except Wacom two finger tap does not work I need to use the ESC key or double click on the rotate tool to reset rotation.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand, though I find it weird that ONLY Photoshop gives me problems, and ONLY with the pinch gesture (which is making it scroll horizontal). Every other program on the computer works as it should regarding gestures.

You have a Wacom driver settings area, it seems, but the precision controls are limited to what windows shows .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently had this problem where pinch and zoom didn't work and it would only register one finger motion. The triple swipe undo also didn't work. So what I did was take pictures of my personal adjustments (added brushes, layout, etc) then uninstalled the program, including presets. Just redownloaded it and it's back to normal! Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what I found worked was going to the toolbar
EDIT--->PREFERENCES--->TOOLS---> and making sure ZOOM  WITH SCROLL WHEEL was turned on along with ANIMATED ZOOM --ZOOM RESIZES WINDOW----ZOOM CLICKED POINT TO CENTER----

To be honest I just have all the Tools options turned on haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i has the same problem, seemingly out of nowhere. enabling ZOOM WIITH SCROLL WHEEL worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much dariondanjou and tom93208 - SAVED ME HOURS OF FRUSTRATION

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Thank you! Enabling these things worked for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Tom.

What worked on my MacBook 2017, and might work on you too, is to enable and disable Zoom With Scroll Wheel on the Preferences - Tool. Please note that if you are comfortable with scroll to zoom, you can just let the box ticked (enabled). Hope this also work for anyone with similar problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tom93208 
it worked! thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS is the answer. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks this worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh man,  thank you so much.  This was driving me crazy.  I literally returned a computer to bestbuy because that was a problem for me 😅🤣 then the new computer had the same issue 😩

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

problem solved!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold down Alt botton then pinch to zoom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Broo❤️ Thank you! All other options just didn’t fit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see someone else already solved this but yeah... just confirming. 

Enable 'zoom with scroll wheel' in Tools preferences. 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here I am in 2022, trying to solve this problem. I have tried everything in this thread. Nothing works. I will say, however, pinch zoom works perfect in Illustrator. It also work perfectly in photoshop on my other PC (I have a KVM switch between my personal PC and my workstation). 

I've also reinstalled wacom tablet drivers, Photoshop, and I've even reverted back to legacy versions of boths PS and wacom drivers. All said and done, I've localized the issue to PS on my workstation. That's the only place it doesn't work. 

I'm lost, I used this feature a lot before it suddently stopped working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue on my new Dell XPS 15... making me miss my Macbook pro.... Did you ever figure out the problem ? 😕 I did all the necessary updates on the computer before using it (which took me 2 days....) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines