• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pinch to Zoom on Photoshop does not recognize pinch to zoom (mac book pro 2022)

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I've noticed the last few months that 80% of the time photoshop does not recognize 'pinch to zoom'. If it does recognize it, it zooms in/out just a little - I need to pinch and zoom my entire hand outstretched 10 times to get the zoom in/out I need. Or it will think I'm just moving the mouse, so it moves th mouse way off screen...Please tell me there is an update coming to resolve this issue. This only happens on Photoshop. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Photoshop forum for you, which I think is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs, installation issues, or account issues such as subscription questions or billing problems, or generalized questions about Creative Cloud services.

* Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.
* Installation questions should be posted in the Download & Install community.
* Account issues, including subscription questions or billing problems, should be posted in the Account, Payment, & Plan community.
* Questions about the Creative Cloud desktop app or general questions about apps in the Creative Cloud should be posted to the Creative Cloud Services community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

👍  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why are you pinching instead of the regular two-finger zoom gesture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't use two finger zoom gesture because it sacrafices my ability to move the page around- I find it difficult to zoom in and out to get to the area on the page I need to get to as opposed to pinch to zoom which is much faster most of the time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the trackpad on your macbook pro or an external trackpad? In your preferences, look at the tools section. Mine is working fine on both my external trackpad and built in trackpad on my 2020 macbook pro. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 11.09.22 AM.png

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines