Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pink hue when using lighten blend

Participant ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I love shooting at sunset and then blue hour and merge it on photoshop, but lately I am getting a pink/mangenta hue when using the lighten blend.

Anyonw knows why this is hapening and how to avoid it?

Thank you.

Capture.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing the two constituting images it seems impossible to judge whether the result is unexpected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The hue can be clearly seen on the image I've posted, but here is the base photo:

Capture1.JPG

And here is the top layer:

Capture2.JPG

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Blend Mode works per Channel so the result does not seem exactly surprising. 

What do you want to achieve instead? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to do a sunset/blue hour blend, so I have the lights on the cloister only.

That blend if is news to me. Thank you for the screenshot but I am not udnertanding how you managed to make it work correctly.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One can »Blend if« both based on the Composite Channel and on the individual Channels. 

• »This Layer« means that the values in the active Layer determine the visibility – that means the effect is as is, no matter what lies underneath. 

Screenshot 2021-07-14 at 13.20.57.png

• »Underlying Layer« means the underlying Layer determines the visibility – that means the effect would change with a different background. 

Screenshot 2021-07-14 at 13.21.26.pngScreenshot 2021-07-14 at 13.21.47.png

• But one can use both settings. 

• By alt-click-dragging one can split the handles to create softer transitions (provided the Layer itself contains soft contrasts). 

Screenshot 2021-07-14 at 13.21.04.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you want to look into Blend If-settings? (the left two are the originals, the second from the right the Lighten-version, the rightmost a Blend If-version) 

Screenshot 2021-07-13 at 15.39.58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines