• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pirated software VS jenuine Adobe Products are too expesive for South Asia specially Bangladesh

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for assisting me. I am from Bangladesh. In our country many people use Adobe software like photoshop, illustrator, indesign etc. But maximum people use pirated products due to the huge price.

$21 per month is equivalent to BDT 1800 for 1 software. For your kind information our designer earns an average BDT 10,000 per month which is equivalent to $120. We use minimum 2 software to earn $120. So you may understand easily how expensive your products are to us.

However my request is to arrange a special plan for Bangladesh or south asia. Also my quarry is, How may I compensate my dues. I have been using 3 pirated softwares (photoshop, illustrator, Indesign) for the last 8 years. But I lie to conface now. I like to use the jenuine products from now. It's not possible for me to pay all dues at a time. I can't manage if I sell my house, my furniture etc. But I can work for free for the next 8 years or so.

Please help me with this issue.

Apologies and Kind regards
Ahadul Hassan
[Email removed by moderator - please do not include personal information in this public forum]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

I am sorry but no-one is forced to steal software. There are alternatives available. This is about choosing to steal software.

In a business, the cost of tools such as PCs and software has to be factored in to the price charged for the work done If a person or business steals software to keep the cost down, then they are also stealing business from those companies that do pay for their software and therefore have to charge more.

I do have sympathy for those in countries where the pricing makes i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Please take a look at this similar thread and the answer from an Adobe employee

Want to compensate for using cracked Illustrator app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged

Thanks for your kind help. I have checked the link but not satified with the answer. I like to pay my previous dues. That adobe employee didn't answer that properly.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user forum answered by volunteers . We do not work for Adobe.

If genuine Adobe software is unattainable in your country then use alternatives, there are many available at various price points all the way to free (e.g. Gimp). 

I do not condone software theft. Adobe Genuine software

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. Actually I have contacted Adobe Help line first. They suggested me to post here. That's why I am here. This is a really good idea to use altenatives but I like to get Adobe confirmation first. I have just called my local seller and he informed me in my country Adobe product price is double than online price. And from Bangladesh region we can't buy from online. This is really disappointing.

So I think before I think twice to use altenatives or switch my occupation I should contact Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMO that an Adobe cop out. They own the software they develop and market and do not seem to care to market it for your use.  Adobe should not point you here for we are not developers we are users of products some Adobe's and some not Adobe.s  Adoeb's Products are unless without other software like Apple OSx, IOS or Microsoft Windows.  They are also not free they also have some cost. If you want legal low cost or free software you need to look at open source software.  Use Linus, Gimp, Blender. You need to find something that works within your budget.    Adobe's software is not the only game in town.  There is a lot of good software out there that do not have the high price tag Adobe puts on their bug filled products. Whit ever update you get new bugs. Is that what you really want to deal with.  I do not recommend using  "Pirated" software for pirates are not good by nature. What are they going to steal from you. You may not have much but they don't care  they will take what they can its part of their DNA.

"but I like to get Adobe confirmation firstWhat is that all about that is pure BS. Why would Adobe tell anyone not to use Adobe products. Why contact Adobe again they will not change their business for you. Adobe want big profits not low income. They want the money the rich have.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot JJMack. I got your points. Yes I can use some free softwares or low costs software as you advised. But that will not full fill my second quarry. Adobe might or might not change their business policy. If I can afford I can use otherwise I can skip. 

Problem is I like to get an answer about how can I compansate for my 8 yeras use of pirated copy. I hope someone from Adobe will see my post & answer me ............

Best regards
Ahadul Hassan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would Adobe want to help anyone  that has been using cracked version of Adobe products for eight years. You should be happy that Adobe is not taking legal action against you for admitting you have been doing that for eight years. Adobe may feel that you owe a large sum of money to Adobe.

Adobe does not want to hurt those that can not afford the cost of Adobe software.  Adobe also will not condone your use of using cracked versions of their software.

The deed is done how would Adobe know what you used  so you could compensate Adobe properly?

The use of adobe's software is pricey you should find other software that meats you needs that is not so high priced.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really appreciate your comments. Actually if Adobe realized that they can extend their market and can reduce (or stop) the piracy, they can think about third world countries with some promotional offers. 

I would really appreciate Adobe if they legally want their money from me. 

I was trying to contact them directly. Their customer service agent suggested me to post here. I understand that he guided me wrong.

But here I got some talents like you. 😁

By the way do you suggest me any direct contact information of Adobe administration?

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the Adobe employee did give a clear answer, he said it was not possible to pay back.

"Thanks for reaching out. We appreciate your thoughts about paying for the cracked version but I am afraid it is not possible to that"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Carlos Canto
Thanks for your kind comment. I am still trying to reach Adobe directly. But yes you are right. That employee mentioned that.....

Actually I am very much surprised about Adobe's business plan. Third world countries are really big market for anything. Because in these countries some people has lot of money, some are poor & some are in between what we called " Class". These middles class people are not much rich but they try to live like rich people. 😉Middle  Though current price of Adobe products are too much in my country. People forced to use cracked version.

You may ask why "Forced"? Already we made a satisfactory place in Freelance Markets like Upwork, Freelancer, Fiveer etc. These markets buyer mentioned Adobe skills they need.
However I hope soon Adobe will think positive about us.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry but no-one is forced to steal software. There are alternatives available. This is about choosing to steal software.

In a business, the cost of tools such as PCs and software has to be factored in to the price charged for the work done If a person or business steals software to keep the cost down, then they are also stealing business from those companies that do pay for their software and therefore have to charge more.

I do have sympathy for those in countries where the pricing makes it difficult to buy certain software. However, I do not condone software theft. Either pay and factor it into the price charged or use alternatives.

As for the price level in different countries, no-one in this forum is in a position to make decisions on international pricing. If you want to reach Adobe for that I would suggest writing directly to the company.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. I am trying to contact directly with Adobe but still not found any way. Do you have any direct contact information of Adobe?

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google can give you Adobe number. It will not be to a top executive you may need years to get through to the top. Communications to the top will be well filtered before  that communication can happen.  Adobe polices are set by Adobe top management.  Try calling Donald Trump perhaps he can help get you through. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JJMack. So funny. I understand how your hairs become gray.... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes time takes its tole and one learns how corporations work.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would argue otherwise. There are hundreds of institutions across the United States (or the world) that do not provide Adobe but require it to be used to complete coursework. If you take into account that up to 58% of college students are in poverty (pewresearch ) , then it can certainly be argued that they're implicitly forced to. I feel that you're disconnected from the rest of the world and even your fellow Americans, Dave. You're using the childish point that nobody forces anybody to do anything. We live in the real world where economic, social, and cultural factors have major influence over what we do. I think it's time that you took off the rose tinted glasses and woke up my friend.

Love,

Garry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photography plan costs $10 a month the last I heard.  I bet the average American student spends way more than that on coffee, beer, their mobile phone plan, designer trainers, jeans that come with fashionable holes in the knees...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Deleted User First, be careful with assumptions - I am not American. Second, I still maintain that no-one is forced to steal software. As Trevor points out, the Photography plan is available at relatively low cost. In addition educational licences are available for those studying at recognised institutions. Third, legal alternatives are available, including PS Elements. If an institution insists on students using Phototoshop without providing access then that should be taken up with the institution.  Driving schools do not insist you use a Ferrarri. If one did, I would not expect the student to go and steal one.

So nothing rose tinted - just a real position that it is not an obligation to steal software, it is a choice.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Deleted User 

College textbooks are expensive and are updated every few years, making them hard to sell. Computers are expensive and are needed to run any software. If a student has a financial need, they need to take it up with the administration and financial aid office. There are no justifications for stealing.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to buy license, but cannot find a good way.

Did you find any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nurul,

According to Adobe, Creative Cloud can be purchased in your country through a reseller:

https://www.adobe.com/go/wheretobuycc

Here is the Adobe Partner Connection Portal, where you can find a reseller or retailer for this product:

https://adobedealreg.secure.force.com/PartnerSearch?lang=en

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines