Place command not available

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched here and google and asked for assistance on Reddit, but I am still stuck. 

I downloaded a number of Adobe Stock images and placed them in my library as PNGs.  I started working on a project that was exported as a PSD from Affinity Designer.  Moving stuff around on the project is fine, copying and pasting elements already in the project is fine, but as soon as I place something from my library into the project I can no longer place anything else.  Place command is greyed out from the menu bar and right clicking on the asset in the library leads to the message 'The place command is not available for this document'.

Things I've found online that do not apply:

1. There is no action that needs to be completed.

2. My colours are set to 8 bit.

3. I cannot create a new layer as when the place command gets greyed out so do all the layer commands.

If I delete whatever I just placed everything comes back and I can place again, but as soon as I place that new asset everything is greyed out again.

Please help, this is frustrating. I am using CC 23.3.1

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 1.51.48 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd ly enough I've just tried again and now I can place two assets before I cannot place anything else.  I recorded my screen, uploaded to Youtube: https://youtu.be/-IxRriTUK8s.  I tried renaming the assets in the library to see of that was the issue, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.  I have made no changes, I'm not sure why I can place two things now before the greying out.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tested placing linked graphics from the cc libraries panel onto the canvas in PS 2022 and didn't encounter an issue. Does this occur with the same stock elements in a different, new document? Does it occur only in that one document, but even when you place graphics that are not stock elements? Are you placing them by 1) dragging to canvas 2) right clicking and selecting "place linked" or 3) right clicking and selecting "place copy"? Lastly can you confirm if the elements are under the "Graphics" header when viewed by type, and if not, what type is it grouped under?

I don't see the "The place command is not available for this document" error as one available in the CC Libraries panel, so I believe you are actually talking about the Layer panel there. Can you clarify? A video of the error occurring would be most helpful but unfortunately the recording you attached only shows you moving the selection for the recording around. Thank you.

-- Fawn B.
Adobe CC Libraries Engineer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines