Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

PLEASE HELP!!! How do I stop mini maps loading when loading a dds file?!?!

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I messed up when I first loaded my dds file in photoshop and selected to load minimaps with the image. So now i have to delete a ton of layers anytime i want to edit an existing dds file. Photoshop is basically useless since it takes way too much time to delete these layers.

I tried resetting preferences on exit, even manually deleted preferences files. I even uninstalled photoshop but it must have kept some files since it is still loading "mip layers".

There has to be a setting for this right??? Im at a total loss and have been searching for hours on how to fix it to no avail.

PLEASE HELP!!!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that

Maybe option: install a previous version of Photoshop
Go to the creative cloud app and click on the 3 dots next to Photoshop app to see more options and select other versions
you can install a previous version of Photoshop and maybe that will work, sometimes there are bugs and you have to update the system
Let me know if that works

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
Thank you for the suggestion!! I did try that and between either that or the reinstall of the supporting DDS plug in, I was able to get it sorted out!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines