Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please need help, thank you! Picture to small

Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

I am not sure why this image is so small, I resized and than zoomed in to 100% but it still so small.

So I resize, than zoom to 100% to add my watermark, the picture is so small. And no if I zoom it to 200% and than add my Watermark/Logo than it will be all blurry. Why is my image sooo small now? Once I save and open it back up, it the size I needed but than my WM/Logo is totally blurry. 

How can I can it get the the size it is after saving to desktop in photoshop to get no blurry WM/Logo? 

Anyone here that can help?  Thank you, I appreicate it! 

Using Photoshop 2023, iMac 

I hope I explained it can be understood. English is not my first languague, sorry! 
Attched a image how it looks, hope it shows what I mean. Exsample.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop displays correctly. It's small because you now have a high resolution screen (which you didn't before).

100% in Photoshop has nothing to do with size. It means one image pixel is represented by exactly one physical screen pixel.

retina_3.png

Other, consumer-oriented image viewers and web browsers scale up when they detect a high resolution display. They use four screen pixels to represent one image pixel - in other words turn your high resolution display into an ordinary low resolution display.

This is the industry-standard workaround to ensure the same material can be used everywhere, regardless of what screen technology the user happens to have.

In short - nothing of this has anything to do with Photoshop. It has to display correctly and take full advantage of the high resolution display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nicolem77481779 wrote:

I am not sure why this image is so small, I resized and than zoomed in to 100% but it still so small....So I resize, than zoom to 100%

In addition to what DFosse said, your image is 900 x 689 pixels. You indicate that you resized it, maybe more than once. What size was it (in pixels) before you did any resizing?

9E01B18F-8286-4C6C-89C7-26C58AB846DC.jpeg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope not more than once, just once, unless you mean it if I cropped, than yes a bit on the side... but this image was just exsample and I should have maybe showed a different one. 
Here is another exsample 
Before resize it was 5801x3984 in pixels 

Its just to small for me to see and like I said if I zoom to 200% than the WM will be blurry after I save it. 

I had read everything before what DFosse had said. I just thought maybe someone knows if there is something that can be changed. 

Sorry English is not my first language. 

Thank you to you and DFosse! 

Exsample 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nicolem77481779 wrote:

Here is another exsample 
Before resize it was 5801x3984 in pixels 

This one is 1000 x 687 pixels — just barely wider than your other image that was 900 x 689 pixels.

52C2D776-0B4D-48E8-9F2A-C4AEE2DE5D88.jpeg

If you still have the original image that is 5801 x 3984 pixels, how does that look at 100% zoom?

Can we ask what your reason is for needing the smaller image size? What are you trying to accomplish? Sometime if we know your ultimate objective, we can better assist.

Also, you can type in your native language. The forum has a translate button at the bottom of each message. 🙂

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jane for the help. 

I post them online and don't want the high resulotion and most of the time people look with their phones and tabletes, no need for big images. My opinion. 

I will find a way around it, it was just a question and thought maybe there is a way to change it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@nicolem77481779 wrote:

Thank you Jane for the help. I post them online and don't want the high resulotion and most of the time people look with their phones and tabletes, no need for big images.  

You're welcome, Nicole. How do the images look on phones and tablets? If it's okay there, then it's okay. 

See the correct answer from @D Fosse as to why the image appears small on your high resolution monitor. You could solve this with a different monitor, but the monitor is built into your iMac. Or you could dumb down the resolution in System Preferences.

Another idea is that you make the image a Smart Object first, then use Free Transform (Cmd+T) so that it is reversible when you change the size.

Or work in the original larger size as a PSD or TIFF, then Save a Copy in the smaller size as a JPEG or PNG. When you make edits, do it in the PSD or TIFF and make a new copy.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! 
I am really no techie, sorry, but shouldnt than be the picture as small as it shows in Photoshop after you save it to for exsample on the desktop? 
Its kinda hard for me to see, so I have to say in PS 2020 it was at least good to see and work with. 
Oh well guess just have to find a different way that works for me. Thank you again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be worth going back to the original image (if you can) and reimporting it, if it's larger than your version; that size is quite small.
Also, it would be worth learning how to use Photoshop's Smart Objects feature.
https://yesimadesigner.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-smart-objects/?gclid=CjwKCAiA-8SdBhBGEiwAWdgtcJsmTT...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Derek Cross

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"but shouldnt than be the picture as small as it shows in Photoshop after you save it to for exsample on the desktop"  No, it shouldn't, not if you have a fancy high resolution screen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines