• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PNG-24 Exported Transparency Issue - Appearing to have a white matte?

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I am working on a project and am running into some issues with exporting PNGs with transparency. I have never experienced this issue and am stumped.

The client reported that the PNG with transparency was looking way too light when used (they are using it as an asset in Unity on a game), so I investigated and it seems that when I copy and paste my PNG image into a photoshop document it appears very light, as if the PNG has a semi-transparent white matte behind it, this light version is what they see in their game. If I drag and drop the PNG image into a photoshop document, it creates a smart object layer and looks normal. 

I have verified color profile settings and played around with all of the settings in export and nothing seems to fix it.

Here is an export of a blank photoshop document with the PNG dropped in two ways. The top version is copy + pasted (this is what the client sees in their use), the bottom is smart object (or dragged and dropped in).

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

PNG-Issue.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. Can we please see your layers panel, at the time of the export? Specifically, the blending modes per layer - but all other info may be helpful in our ability to make suggestions...

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines