• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PNG Color not showing up right in Photosop

New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! So i am exporting SAVE FOR WEB from a PSD file that is in RGB mode. When i export in jpg the colors the client wants are correct, but when i export in png-8 with embedded color checked and i reopen that png in photoshop again it is coming up a much brighter color. Any ideas why and how i can correct this? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Creative08 

Thanks for reaching out. Let's try to sort this out.

Which version of the application and macOS are you using? Since when are you seeing this issue, and does it happen with all images?

You may try resetting Photoshop preferences back to defaults and check if that helps. Here's the article for the steps: https://adobe.ly/3ceal5t

Also, back up the existing Photoshop preferences if you have any custom brushes, action, and workspace: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes.

Best,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RGB can be ProPhoto, Adobe and sRGB, very different color spaces.

Looking at the status bar at the bottom left. what is the color profile you are seeing for the psd, png and jpeg?

Screen Shot 2023-05-08 at 11.50.13 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop's color is correct; it is color managed. 

In noncolor-managed applications, the colors could mismatch (look different and are wrong).    

The client is viewing the images where? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines