• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PNG files coming out glitchy

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to start animating my illustrations by importing elements as PNG files to toon boom harmony (animation software) Everytime  I import the PNG file to toon boom they come out clitchy with strange patterns under them ( see screen grabs)

I'm currently using version 23.3.2 , I had to downgrade from the new version because a similar thing was happening but on the page whilst working.

All I want to do is import from photoshop my layers with transparency to enable me to animate with them but I have tried every possible way of doing this with the same result every time. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why png and not psd? 

How do you create the png exactly (save or export)? 

Can you provide one of the pngs? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using toon boon harmony which is an animation platform and I need the separate elements to be imported as a png.

I've tried inporting the psd master file into another drawing platform and saving the png from there but I still get the same glitchy backdrop to each element. I've saved png file in the past with CS6 with no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And again: 

How do you create the png exactly (save or export)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to turn off the background layer and save as png ( this will make the background transparent, I used it to send artwork for Tshirt designs) Anyway I've been doing some diggin on youtube and it seems like Im able to inport as psd, I haven't tried yet but I'll post my results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yet again:

Did you use File > Save a Copy or File > Export > Export As or File > Export > Save for Web or …? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to use the 'save for web' but it won't let you save as png. I saved as png via save as copy, then I tried :

Export >layers to file> this option keeps all the layers together. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the problem with Save for Web? 

Screenshot 2022-07-21 at 14.14.15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines