• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poke a hole

Guide ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This video explains poking hole on JPNG JPEG image. I cannot understand what is the function of Alt key here.  For me after using the Quick Selection tool to select image what we want to poke & selecting the adjustment layer in the layer panel & pressing delete key gives the result.

Can anyone undestand function of Alt key mentioned in this video? because for this work I assume Alt key is not necessary.    

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no JPNG. There is JPEG and PNG. They are very different, which one do you work with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I had made a mistake. It is JPEG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MahaB82A Alt key is a modifier for selection tools that changes your tool to deselect areas instead of adding to the selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @MahaB82A  look this step by step that explains the basics of selections: https://helpx.adobe.com/be_en/photoshop/how-to/selection-tools-basics.html

or also: https://helpx.adobe.com/be_en/photoshop/using/adjusting-pixel-selections.html
Have fun learning Photoshop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Del fills the selected area of the mask with the current background colour. Alt+Del fills the selected area of the mask with the current foreground colour. Depending on how the foreground and background colour are set the impact is different.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines