• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Polar Coordinates - Not enough RAM

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully you can help. I am running the latest Photoshop, on the latest iMac OS. My machine has 16GB of RAM.

I am attemping to use the Polar Coordinates function on PS, but the systemn keeps telling me I don't have enough RAM. 

According to everything that I've read, 16GB should be more than enough for this function to work properly. I've been into Apple genius bar and they've checked that my machine is running as it should, and have suggested that it's a PS issue, so I'm hoping someone can help me. 

Does anyone know any fixes that I might be able to do myself, or point me in the direction of someone at Adobe that might be able to help me. 

Thanks in advance

Stuart

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the image’s pixel dimensions, color mode and bit depth? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's 23091px x 23091px 

and I apologies, i'm not sure how to find out the rest of the info you've asked me (kinda new to PS)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image > Mode >  â€¦

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks... RGB 16bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is almost 2m squared (at 300ppi) in 16bit – that seems pretty steep. 

I expect you may have to economize in one regard (changing to 8bit for example) or try to improve the performace. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a lot of pixels to push... try it on a much more reasonable file. Do you have a scratch disk set up? - a hard drive with lots of free space? That might help.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no i don't. How do I do that?

the pixel count is purely the original size. How do I go about changing it / to what size should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend trying, unless 16bit are absolutely necessary, to work in 8bit for this bit. 

But even so you should be able to maintain the 16bit data in a Smart Object you apply the Filter to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

 Start by changing it to 8bit. If you don't need it that large, also resize under Image Size. 

Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 10.06.48 AM.png

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines