• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible to change brush & eraser cursors separately?

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been messing around with the cursor preferences to comfort my drawing better and I'm comfortable with setting my brush to the 'precise/crosshair' mode but I don't like it on my eraser as it is hard to see what size my eraser is when erasing things. Is it possible at all to change the eraser to show a circle rather than a crosshair so the crosshair isnt stuck on both the brush AND eraser?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

If you are using Windows, then I 'think' you can do it with Lazy Nezumi Pro.  It has a Hide when drawing setting associated with custom cursor, and this can be disabled on a tool by tool basis.

If you use one of Kyle Websters eraser presets that are free to CC users via his Mega Pack, then you see the outline.  It's actually a _very_ good eraser preset.

Now while I am a big user and fan of LNP, I do not use this particular function, so you'd have to work it out, but you get a trial period, and it'

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Activating the Caps Lock key in Photoshop will show the cross hairs for both the Brush and the Eraser tools. Perhaps you could leave both tools showing the circle by default and just hit the Caps Lock key whenever you want the cross hairs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not necessarily trying to alternate between caps lock as thats extremely tedious especially if Im illustrating and require quick strokes between either the brush or the eraser (I use keyboard shortcuts between 'E' and 'B'). Id have to continuously keep tapping caps lock after a stroke. Im really just trying to see if its possible to change the cursors separately between brush and eraser so that my brush can be crosshair and my eraser a circle without having tapping caps lock all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't variable preference setting which will instruct Photoshop to use precise cursor with only some tool(s) if that's what are you looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Windows, then I 'think' you can do it with Lazy Nezumi Pro.  It has a Hide when drawing setting associated with custom cursor, and this can be disabled on a tool by tool basis.

If you use one of Kyle Websters eraser presets that are free to CC users via his Mega Pack, then you see the outline.  It's actually a _very_ good eraser preset.

Now while I am a big user and fan of LNP, I do not use this particular function, so you'd have to work it out, but you get a trial period, and it's only $35 last I looked.   It's a must have add-on for tablet users and illustrators anyway.

https://lazynezumi.com/

The information on the custom cursor is on page 12 of the Documentation

https://lazynezumi.com/downloads/LazyNezumiProDoc.pdf

If you are a Mac user, then I just wasted five minutes as LNP does not come in a Mac flavour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No worries, I have windows so you didn't waste your time trying to help out! This is as close as things can get to customization for cursors in photoshop I assume. So this does help in some way, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines