Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Potrait - Borders - Print

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community Sorry if this a silly question but im generally struggling with this.

I have decided to embark on printing some of my images and im general not getting my head round what im doing wrong.

I have a 4x6 potrait picture i have done some basic editing in Lightoom. I then take it to photoshop to do some further tweaks but mainly to create a border round the potrait. I adjust the canvas size to 4x6 and try resizing my portrait image to give me an equal border around potrait using Canavas size and Image size options. seems okay on screen when done but when i print preview in Epson iPrint the print preview always shows a narrow height border ( ie. its not all equal size border).

Not sure if im doing something wrong..... or havent graps it, based on picture ratio.. 

I would welcome some help on this as i have tried a few other dimensions and face the same problem, yet when i sent them to Printer companies previously always seemed to be okay?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The printer modifies your picture size. You can't control that for borderless printing. Normally the border is done by cutting an oversize paper after the print to size.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are trying to add equal borders on all sides by shrinking photo it won't work. here is why:

Lets say you have 500x700px image (5x7 ratio) resolution 500PPI. If you shrink half inch on all sides without maintain aspect ratio it will remain 250x450px what is distorted image (5x9 ratio).

distorted image.jpg

If on other hand you want to maintain aspect ratio and avoid distortion it will end up 250x350px and not equal borders on all sides (see image below, shrinked as described with maintain aspect ratio).

maintain aspect ratio.jpg

If you are looking for equal borders would you mind if that border covers edges of your image? Border can be added using Stroke option, for example.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines