• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

preparing hand calligraphy to be vectorized

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to prep hand calligraphy to be vectorize. Most videos I watch say to bring it into photoshop first. Well I received the document from my calligrapher via email He scans it in at 1200 DPI. Can I use this file rather than scanning in the original myself?

I have gotten to the part where the background is the gray scale checked. I have adjusted the brightness and dark to my satisfaction. Now I can't seem to separate the text from each other. It all wants to stay together. As you can tell I really don't know what I am doing but need to learn quickly. Thank you to anyone who can help me

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scanning it yourself won't make it easier. (Not a solution, I know, but I wanted to get that out of the way). To use Photoshop effectively generally needs extensive experience or professional training, so there's nothing unusual about getting stuck or frustrated if you just dive in. Sometimes we can help. Perhaps you can explain why you want to separate the letters, from what, and what gets in the way of doing that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean separate the text from the background layer, so the text is on a  transparent background?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@janeb26059789 wrote:

I am trying to prep hand calligraphy to be vectorize. Most videos I watch say to bring it into photoshop first.

I agree with the others — we need to know more about what you are trying to do and how it will be used. Adobe Photoshop is a raster application. Adobe Illustrator can convert the scan (raster) to vector with varying results, depending on the artwork, the scan, and the settings you use when making the conversion.

"Now I can't seem to separate the text from each other."

Part of hand calligraphy is joining the letters so they flow together. This is expected behavior.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines