• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Press and Hold for Right Click does not work in the latest update Photoshop

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The function press and hold of my wacom pen still works outside Photoshop but it does not work in Photoshop. It worked well before. What I should do to bring this feature back to my Photoshop?

[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]
[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JJMack 

press and hold acts like a "right click button" on a mouse.

It works on every non adobe product. 

the video i posted recently shows that my press hold button feature does open in File explorer.

Which is a basic program in windows. So I hesitate to believe that this is a micrsoft problem vs adobe product.

as the feature only happens in adobe products.

Thanks for the kind works @varxtis , but I'm just a fellow artists. with the same frusteration of not having this "right click Feature" on my pen.

Espcially the surface pen Does NOT have an extra button like the wacom to do the right click.

Pen work works like a Wacom pen.

but the drivers and usage is not the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a quick search. we're not the only person.

having this issue.

This user posted here Solved: Enabling Press Hold for Context Menu - Adobe Support Community - 11058632

is using a XP pen (again not a wacom product)

who also is having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created another video of the "press and Hold= right click on a mouse video"

I discovered the pen and hold ONLY works in the layer section but not on the canvas

so you can't say its a microsoft issue.

I demonstrate it in the applications in File explorer and Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your Surface Pen have a button you can set to Right Click with Microsoft software?

I wrote I disable Microsoft's pen and touch  Press and hold right click for IMO it hurts Photoshop brush Performance.  I see that Adobe also suggest that you should disable this Windows feature  tablet support faq photoshop  It seems that Press and Hold  Right Click does not get along with Photoshop.  Reading between the lines I do not think that Adobe will be addressing this issue they show disable this. Windows Press and Hold Right Click will remain incompatible with Photoshop any may hinder Photoshop's operation.  A windows feature Adobe will not use or support in Photoshop.

Web Search disable Press and Hold 

image.png

Wacom by default configures their Pen's bottom button as Right Click so you have a Right Click with their Pen.  For Photoshop  I change the bottom button from  Right click to Alt+Right Click.

image.pngimage.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Get those Windmills use a sidekick 

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines