Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print Dimensions inaccurate.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am currently using Photoshop to create panels for a home cockpit. In Photoshop, I have my Canvas set to 325mm by 115mm. I select Tablolid and make sure my scale is set to 100% and click print. But the print is about 5mm smaller than what I had selected in Photoshop. It is not my printer as I tried making the same sized shape in ArchiCAD and that printed out accuratly. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Brady

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Page setup options (borderless, expand to fit etc)?

Check that whatever you set in ARchiCAD is exactly that in Photoshop's print dialog (and print driver).

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Work in document units of Pixels and use Pixels per Centimeter for the resolution.

3839px x 1358px at 118PPC (there will be a little rounding).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am working on another document that is 111mm by 61mm. I set the Ruler Units to Pixels, Type to Pixels, Print Resoultion to 300ppc, and the screen resolution to 72ppc and the print is still off. The print comes of at 107mm by 59mm. I tried installing printer drivers but the second I did, Photoshop would crash everytime I click Print or Control+P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About the crashing: Here is some general Adobe [Mac and Win] info on printing problems,

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-printing-problems.html

Simple reset: hold the space bar when you open the print window. It resets the print dialogs

• - - - - - - -

If that doesn’t help -

Here’s some troubleshoting advice:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post a screenshot of your image size dialogue with the settings you use. 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines