• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print document 4-up

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(PhotoShop) Amateur - know enough to get into trouble :O)

Would think this is easy - can't find the answer!?

Have an index card doc (1/4 sheet 11" x 8.5") that I need to print 4-up (so each 11" x 8.5" sheet will have 4 of the same index card per sheet).

TIA! 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Do you mean you want one card duplicated three times, and you want to be able to change just one and have the other three change in exactly the same way?

If so, then smart objects may be the answer. Set up your 2 x 2 grid, and make one card. Then, with that card’s layer (or layer group) selected, choose Layer > Convert to Smart Object. Then duplicate* that smart object three times so that you have four of them, and lay them out.

When you want to make a change, double-click any one of the fou

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, I would use the print module in Lightroom Classic for this: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/printing-photos-basic-workflow.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@J453 - (unless I'm missing something) it doesn't appear this would work either. 

I need the same index card printed 4-up. (not 4 different cards)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic lets you do that very easily:

JeffreyTranberry_0-1635182166304.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just create a new document as a 8.5x11. Than drag guides to 4.25 and 5.5. Use this as your template.Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 6.21.21 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-25 at 6.22.26 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Randy Hufford  Understood but not the answer I need! My original thought was to duplicate the layer 3x's and space on a landscape sheet - which would work BUT...

The index card has changes almost everytime - so I'd like to make the change and have it print the 4-up without all the extra steps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you mean you want one card duplicated three times, and you want to be able to change just one and have the other three change in exactly the same way?

If so, then smart objects may be the answer. Set up your 2 x 2 grid, and make one card. Then, with that card’s layer (or layer group) selected, choose Layer > Convert to Smart Object. Then duplicate* that smart object three times so that you have four of them, and lay them out.

When you want to make a change, double-click any one of the four smart objects. It will open into a new window. Make your change, save, and close. All four smart objects will be updated.

*Duplicating the smart object using the Layers panel, Alt-drag with the Move tool, or Layer > Duplicate Layer will work. Do not use Layer > Smart Objects > New Smart Object via Copy, because that creates a disconnected copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines