• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print Settings Button Stopped working in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Photoshop managing the color, choosing certain standard Epson Paper profiles line Ultra Premium Glossy renders the Print Setting button unusable and the printer with act like it's starting then not print. If I allow the printer to manage color it prints or if I choose an unusual ICC profile for a wierd paper it will print but standard Epson papers that I have used for years will no longer print. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

This is indeed the OS bug introduced in 11.6.2; you need to either downgrade or upgrade to 12.X where the bug doesn't exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Big Sur 11.6.5 resolved the printing problem for me! Everything is working again as before, I have access the the "Print Setting" button and can use Photoshop Manages Colors with my choice of ICC profiles. Grateful to be printing from this computer again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version Photoshop and OS are you running? There have been reports of the latest Mac OS Big Sur update breaking some Epson print features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin thanks for the quick reply - Mac Big Sur 11.6.2, Photoshop CC 23.1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is indeed the OS bug introduced in 11.6.2; you need to either downgrade or upgrade to 12.X where the bug doesn't exist.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip thedigitaldog! I haven't been offered 12.X so it may not be available on my computer (Late 2014). I will need to figure out how to downgrade instead. 

Thanks so much!

Riggsy53

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thedigitaldog - your infirmation is accurate. My MacBook Pro (early 2015) when upgrading the latest operating system installed Monterey 12.1. I hadn't noticed - good forture it this case. I moved the Epson print driver to the laptop and and now I can print as usual with one additional step in workflow. 

Until Big Sur fixes the bug or I upgrade to newer hardware this is a great solution. 

Thank you very much!

Riggsy53

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try get 11.6.5?
macOS Big Sur problems - is this issue now fixed?

Hope so - Users are reporting that the update to macOS 11.6.5 fixes the print issues.

History:

There is apparently a bug in macOS Big Sur 11.6.2 in connection with ICC profile use/printing,

Some users have reported success after updating to macOS Monterey, personally, I'd be more likely to go back a version rather than jumping into a new macOS  version so soon after release.

Sadly this bug appeared to still be present in macOS 11.6.3, according to users here who have made that upgrade.

Some users have reported positive results in macOS Big Sur - with some profiles being usable after opening them into the ColorSync utility and “fixing” any errors found.

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, 

There is a bug in Mac OSX Big Sur 11.6.2 in connection with ICC profile use,

some users have reported success after updating to Monterey, personally I'd be more likely to go back a version rather than jumping into a new OSX version.

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and even went to 11.6.3 and the problem still exists.  Is it possible to downgrade back to 11.6.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd need to contact apple and see if its feasible to downgrade OSX 11, their "call me back" support is excellent.

Some users have reported success after updating to Monterey, personally I'd be more likely to go back a version rather than jumping into a new OSX version soon after release.

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: Co-Author:Getting Colour Right

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Macbook M1 that is running OS 12 with no issues for printing at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big Sur 11.6.5 resolved the printing problem for me! Everything is working again as before, I have access the the "Print Setting" button and can use Photoshop Manages Colors with my choice of ICC profiles. Grateful to be printing from this computer again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Riggsy

Good to have your feedback on that, so that others know there’s a good fix in 11.6.5 .

There have been a LOT of posts on here about macOX issues with printing from Big Sur. 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of my color profiles are working but there a couple that do not work.  See my video.

MacBook M1, 12.4 OS.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@clevermill.com wrote:

Most of my color profiles are working but there a couple that do not work.  See my video.

MacBook M1, 12.4 OS.  

Quit Photoshop if running.
Relaunch Photoshop and open the file that you want to print.
Press the Spacebar on your keyboard before you click File > Print. This process resets printer preferences that have been written into the image.

See: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-printing-problems.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good thought.   Unfortunately, that didn't help.    See my video here:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then maybe do the Epson Enema and install the drivers (from Epson) again: 
1.Delete all instances of Epson printers from System Preferences>Print & Fax.

2.Then go to /Library/Printers and toss the whole Epson folder.

3.Toss LFP Remote Panel (IF you are using this utility for your printer).

4.Then reinstall drivers from Epson and never Apple.

When you go back to Print & Fax to add the printer, on 10.X I had to wait almost a minute before the IP version of the printer showed up, whereas the Bonjour one shows up right away. Then add the IP instance of the printer. This is for printers on a network.
Then re-install LFP Remote Panel if you use it with this printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you think this will solve the problem?    I'm not having an issue with 99% of the other color profiles.  Just a couple in particular.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never seen the behavior you have shown in that video. 

Only Photoshop or other applications (Preview, Lightroom?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered that when the image mode is Bitmap, the problematic color profile works no problem.  The Print Settings button works.   See my screen recording:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bitmap or otherwise should have no bearing with profiles and what the print dialog is doing. Again; just Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ColorSync app is not recognizing the color profile either.   See my screen recording here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines