• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

print sizes are wrong with photoshop!

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating Photoshop CC I am having issues with print sizing.  The prints will be either 1/4 too long or wide or !/2" too small, no real rhyme or reason.

Can't seem to find a workaround, anyone else finding this issue?

Letha

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
  • Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Mojave operating system on a desktop with Photoshop CC 2019 and printing onto 2 HP Z3100s and a just purchased HP Z9+ printers.  I have two workstations and use network file storage.

This issue appeared in the last two weeks after running the OS and CC updates.  I have operate a commercial digital imaging business and routinely do printing on a daily basis with this equipment and setup and have never encountered this problem until the last 10 days.

For example, if I attempt to print a 16 x 20 print, it will print 16.25 x 20.25.  If I try to work around that quarter inch and enter the print size at 15.75 x 19.75 the print size will come out a 15.5 x 19.5. The border of gloss enhancer will also often be shifted 1/4 over on the long side of the print. If I launch a print with a stroke around the edge for trimming purposes, it will print the stroke on the top and side closest to the edge of paper and the far side and end is cut off.

The change of image size happens across all paper types, with and without gloss enhancer.

I ran the Mojave update last night and have also set back to the two previous versions of PS CC but cannot seem to right the issue.

Hopefully someone else out there is having the same issue and may see this post and seek solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are paper sizes changed in the print dialog or just the printable area on paper in the print dialog preview.  Screen captures woul be help.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paper size is changed in the print dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've not seen any issue like that but your comment " The border of gloss enhancer will also often be shifted 1/4 over on the long side of the print."  would suggest that the issue lies in the print driver, as Photoshop sends RGB image info not separate gloss enhancer info.

You could rule out the Photoshop updgrade by trying printing with CC2018 (which you can re-install alongside CC2019 if you have already uninstalled it).  If that also has the issue it leaves the print driver and OS upgrade.

Looking at the HP site it lists drivers up to Mac OS 10.13 but nothing specific for 10.14

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried printing with CC2018 as well as the previous version all with same result...

I too fear its a print driver issues, however the Z3100 are basically unsupported due to their age.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes its seems to be an issue in a print driver or the interfave between Photoshop and the print driver,   What Printer are you printing to.  Perhaps Apple has  a new driver for your model Mac.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system or printer info no-one can answer your question confidently.

However, I would be looking in the printer driver for any scaling settings, which might be obvious sizing controls or less obvious such as scaling for borderless printing.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One idea is to go to Image > Image Size, uncheck Resample, and enter the dimensions from there. Save the file as a flattened tiff copy, and see if Preview will print it properly. That should help you narrow down the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having identical issue with Epson P7000 - absolutely weird and differing results with different papers - has anyone figured this out yet?  Printing 16x24 image on canvas gives me 16x23 5/8ths --- printing identical image on double mat gives me 16 3/8 x 24 3/8ths!

I'm running Mojave with Photoshop CC 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DId your issue get resolved?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not -- After spending hours on this with engineers at Adobe, having Epson service the printer and veify correct specifications/tolerances, and reaching out to paper manufacturer (Hahnemuhle), I was unable to get satisfactory answers and the issue remains.  It's vexing. David (aka Sleepy Hollow Spirit)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to chime in on this old thread that I am experiencing the same thing with Photoshop CS6 on El Capitan (10.11.6). My printer is a Canon IPF Pro-1000. In my case prints are always a few milimetres too wide regardless of which paper I use. For instance a print that is set to be 19,5mm wide in CS6 will turn out to be 19,8mm which is a real pain if one wants to fit the image carefully within a passepartout. It's really annoying to have to guess the actual print size.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Philip

[please refrain from PII and 3rd party URLs in this area - Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to jump in with Philip as I too have the same issue on an Epson Stylus Pro 9900.  Anyone found a way around it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem for years with Photoshop. It used to happen when the default print setting was set to auto-expand (who uses this? and why would this be the default?). My fix has always been to re-set all the printer output settings. In the printer settings, page set-up, select the roll or sheet (even if showing correctly). This happens when opening old files saved with the old print settings from early versions. No matter what the settings are telling you, don't believe it. This fixes the problem 100% of the time. Lets hear from someone at Abode. I brought this issue up many times with Adobe, but was brushed off.  There is a bug with the operating system and adobe. The problem continues to happen to this day, and should not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found any new info on this?

I have a Macbook running Catalina 10.15.5

I am printing on Lexjet fine art paper and using an Epson Surecolor P600.

My issue is I find the print is sometimes printing SLIGHLY smaller than it is supposed to, and I cannot figure out why it's doing it.  I am not printing through Photoshop as the Epson tech and I determined colours are way off that way (I have no idea why as I'm new to this).  SO I just go and find the image in finder and print from there.

Any feedback would be so greatly apprciated.

Thanks!

kathy:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kathy

About the colour issue:

you wrote:

I am not printing through Photoshop as the Epson tech and I determined colours are way off that way

There's no reason that should be the case - IF its all set up right.

If your screen is correctly calibrated and you have a good ICC profile for your printer and the Lexjet paper you're using you should get accurate results that acceptably closely match the display screen.

Maybe you should test on Epson paper, the installed paper profiles are pretty reliable. Best to remove the Lexjet variable.

Photoshop is the industry standard for image editing and printing. If the Epson tech is right [although print accuracy tough to assess when not in the room] then you may have an ICC profile issue [the Lexjet paper ICC profile]? Or even a bug, but I really doubt that..

This is how I test both screen and print appearance  http://www.colourmanagement.net/products/icc-profile-verification-kit

here is some reading on ICC profiles and how they work for you to provide accurate colour through the digital workflow: https://www.colourmanagement.net/advice/about-icc-colour-profiles/

Issues with print size when printing from the OSX finder? That’s a question for Apple / Epson.

I hope this helps

thanks
neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer
[please do not use the reply button on a message within the thread, only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Thanks so much for the note. I am familiar with ICC profiles. But I did not install any when I installed my Epson Surecolor P600
Do I need to? If so, where do I get them and how do I install them?
Thanks so much.
Kathy 🙂

Kathy Beattie-Kenopic
Personalized Pillows, Aprons
& Custom Watercolour Paintings
EsteeRoseDesigns on Etsy
https://linktr.ee/EsteeRoseDesigns

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have had the same problem for years with Photoshop. It used to happen when the default print setting was set to auto-expand (who uses this? and why would this be the default?). My fix has always been to re-set all the printer output settings. In the printer settings, page set-up, select the roll or sheet (even if showing correctly). This happens when opening old files saved with the old print settings from early versions. No matter what the settings are telling you, don't believe it. This fixes the problem 100% of the time. Lets hear from someone at Abode. I brought this issue up many times with Adobe, but was brushed off.  There is a bug with the operating system and adobe. The problem continues to happen to this day, and should not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines