Photoshop 23.5.4 // MacOS 10.15.7 Catalina // Epson ET8550 driver 12.62
Source: Imported 2D CAD Drawing (saved to A4 PDF in CAD then imported into Photoshop).
In Photoshop, drawings scale as 100% using Photoshop Rulers (ie 10cm = 10cm)
- Printing the imported file directly using the A4 plain paper settings produces a correctly scaled diagram, 100%
A new A4 sheet is created from File/New/International Paper/A4 at the same resolution as imported PDF (300DPI) and then the drawing is cut from the original sheet and pasted into the newA4 sheet. These drawings also measure 100% using Photoshop Rulers.
- However printing the NewA4 sheet using the same plain paper printer settings produces an incorrectly scaled drawing of about 99.5%.
In Photoshop I save a copy of NewA4 using File/Save As/Photoshop PDF (NewA4.pdf)
- If we read NewA4.pdf into Adobe Acrobat Reader (2022.003.203.14) and print using the same printer driver and settings we get a correctly scaled drawing, 100%.
- If we read this NewA4.pdf into Photoshop and print it we get an incorrectly scaled drawing, 99.5%.
Going back to Photoshop and using the NewA4.psd drawing we can effectively print to PDF using the printer driver, Save as PDF.
- If we read this file into Acrobate Reader and print it we get an incorrectly scaled drawing again, 99.5%
I tried this with A3. The first Photoshop print produced a correctly scaled drawing. Subsequent prints however are incorrectly scaled as well. Is there something being saved with the file after the first print that affects subsequent prints?