Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing from Photoshop 23.4.1

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to print from Photoshop V23.4.1.

I am using macOS Monterey Version 12.4. Everytime you issue an update it stops printing my picture. Would you kindly help. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

You want to go back to previous versions?
In Adobe Creative Cloud, select PS, click on the three dots and select "Other Versions".

You might try this before doing so:

Quit Photoshop if running.
Relaunch Photoshop and open the file that you want to print.
Press the Spacebar on your keyboard before you click File > Print. This process resets printer preferences that have been written into the image.

See: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-printing-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the Photoshop ecosystem forum from Using the Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you update an application, such as Photoshop, also keep the previous version so you can return to it and use it if there's an issue with the new version and you need time to sort it out.

Re the printing issue, have you checked to see if there's a new printer driver for your printer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it use be the case. Now when you update Photoshop the previous version disapear from your file completely, only the name is listed. Adobe need to fix this bug.  BTW,  the printer driver is correct. Now, how can I get the previous version of photoshop back in order. I did not delete it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Creative Cloud, select PS, click on the three dots and select "Other Versions".

Press the Spacebar on your keyboard before you click File > Print. This process resets printer preferences that have been written into the image.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Well done. Hopefully this glitch get fixed in the new versions of PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @TheDigitalDog

I made a brocher i good resolution for my hospitality consulting company. but whenever i print in color format i start break the resolution and there images inside that i used in brocher look blurry. Is this issue inside photoshop as i bought new printer some days ago. Or is this a glitch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing the document, very difficult to determine.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps the resolution of your brochure is too low, for offset printing the rule of thumb is 300 ppi (pixels per inch).

For most Epson inkjet printers, for example, 240/360 work well because they are factors of the native printer resolution (generally considered to be 720).

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TheDigitalDog I'm seaching everywhere for a solution to getting back to the print dialog options as seen in the screencapture attached. I'm running Mac 12.6.3 but clearly need to go back in time.  I'm looking to turn of color managment in order to make more consistent and CC prints on an Epson Surecolor P600.  I dont know why theyve lost all of those detail in the previous versions 😞 any help will be much appricaited! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop, you must have Application (Photoshop) Manages Color. 

It works in macOS 12 and macOS 13:

ColorSyncRadio.png

NoCMS.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TheDigitalDog thank you so much!! do you have any go to settings for the cleanest color? Might save me a few hours of test prints 🙂 THANK YOU!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have any go to settings for the cleanest color?

By @johnladwigphoto

I don't understand the question. You pick the paper profile and rendering intent you visually prefer. Those settings provided are what is necessary to print (with the Epson) with Application Manages Color after that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TheDigitalDog thank you so much!! do you have any go to settings for the cleanest color? Might save me a few hours of test prints 🙂 THANK YOU!!

By @johnladwigphoto

You're on a Mac right? Are you sure you don't have the Guttenprint driver instead of the Epson driver? Go to Epson, download the driver installer only from them, reinstall. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, was running on 12.6.3 and now I just upgraded to Mac OS 13 and the driver i have is from Epson, Printer Driver v12.62 I tried previous version of PS, 22, 23, and few versions inbetween but the Print Setting dialog is still the dumbed down version 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

12.62 for the 3880 is what I'm running and it's all there. 

Then maybe do the Epson Enema and install the print drivers (from Epson) again: 
1.Delete all instances of Epson printers from System Preferences (System Settings in Ventura)>Print & Fax.

2.Then go to /Library/Printers and toss the whole Epson folder.

3.Toss LFP Remote Panel (IF you are using this utility for your printer).

4.Then reinstall drivers from Epson and never Apple.

NOTE: IF you have more than one Epson printer, you need to install the driver in the order of their release! Older then newer or you run into issues (eg, install 4800 before you’d install 3880).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that worked! thank you so much for your time and knowledge! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TheDigitalDog Still struggling with this I can't see all of those options like Output resolution. I'm still stuck with the old Printer Setting dialogs.  I hvae the latest driver for the P600, removed and added printer agian, running PS 24.1. on OS 12.6.3  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines