• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing old file crashes Photoshop

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently got myself a new windows 10 computer and a new Epson XP-760 printer. Previously I was using a windows 7 computer with an Epson RX585 printer.

The problem I have is whenever I try to print any file created on the old computer with the old printer information, Photoshop crashes with the following message.

Screenshot_photoshop crash.jpg

The only way I can get around this is to create a new document copy all the elements from the old file and paste them in to the new file then save it. I can then print from it no problem.

Has anybody got any idea what is going on and whether there is a way to fix it. I have thousand of files created on the old computer and to convert them all this way would take forever.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Print settings are stored as metadata with the file. This is what you remove when copying into a new file.

A simpler way is to hold the space bar when you click "Print". This also clears out all old metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Print settings are stored as metadata with the file. This is what you remove when copying into a new file.

A simpler way is to hold the space bar when you click "Print". This also clears out all old metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just tried that and it still crashes with the same message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines