Prints not color correct after updating Photoshop

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my Mac OS to Monterey v12.1 and updated my Photoshop to 23.2.0 and now my prints using both my Canon Pro-1000 and my Canon Pro-4000 are not color correct, and both are showing completely different colors for the same image using the same paper type and the Canon ICC profile that is correct for the printer and the paper type using the "Photoshop Manages Colors" option when printing in Photoshop.  When I use the Mirage by Dinax plug-in to print from Photoshop, the colors are accurate which leads me to believe there is something going wrong with the Photoshop update not recognizing the  ICC profiles correctly. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the very least, you should update the OS; latest version is 12.2.1 and try once more with a color reference image.The color reference images RGB values are such they are set for output and are editing and display agnostic. Test the output this way and examine for the same color issues so we know it's not your image specific issues causing the problems:http://www.digitaldog.net/files/2014PrinterTestFileFlat.tif.zip

Also makes sure you have the Canon driver from their site, not anything Apple has installed.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apple's Print setup can default to the UNIX based generic GimpPrint driver, rather than the manufacturer's own software (in your case Canon), one way to tell is to look at media names offered ijthe driver, are the generic or Canon specific media names?

When you added the printer in System preferences did you select 'Airprint'? 

Add printer, AirPrint issue

A thorough purge may be in order, perhaps install drivers (actually downloaded from Canon) again: 

1. Delete all instances of Canon printers from 

System Preferences / Printers & Scanners -or- System Preferences>Print & Fax, whichever you have.

2. Then go to /Library/Printers and trash the whole Epson folder.

3.  Then go to Canon online and download the printer drivers yourself.

Do not let the Mac install the printer driver for you.

There’s one more tripwire - in System Preferences / Printers  - - - , when adding the connected printer

[i.e. click the padlock, enter your password and click the “+” button]

- watch out for the “Use" selection

Name Epson Stylus Pro 4900.jpg

- I recommend you do not select "Airprint" there under "use", but, rather, manually set "use” to the printer name, which will then call on the manufacturer’s own software rather than the default Apple driver (that’s based on Gimp Print, which misses out some printing options such as specific manufacturers media names). 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: Co-Author:Getting Colour Right
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines