• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Privacy Concern

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just read that in a up and coming update Adobe plans to attach personally identifiable metadata to all files produced within the Adobe suite, starting with photo's and video.

Does anyone know if this is true, and if so how can it be removed / stopped?

I share multiple files around between customers, friends and across the internet and more often than not I don't want my personal details being spread round with it too, embedded or not!

Can anyone from Adobe throw some light on this, is it true or rumour 

TOPICS
iPadOS , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

If you are reading a misinterpretation of the upcoming Content Authenticity Initiative that Jain brought up, it might be worth reading about it a little more closely. One part of their web page says:

Throughout this process, the creator of content can choose to preserve attribution or to remain anonymous. Privacy and security of photojournalists and other creators are of the utmost consideration in our work.

It sounds like it might work similarly to how embedding existing image metadata alread

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user support forum. To provide feedback and suggestions about what you desire from Adobe, or ask then about this (perhaps) rumor, you should go to this URL and comment after selecting the appropriate product line:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/categories/products/5f5f2090785c1f1e6cc40864

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea if there is anything in that, or what. But Adobe would have a hard time catching up with Facebook, Google and Apple, not to mention all those apps on your phone that track your every movement with GPS. It's already here, and anyone with the necessary resources can map your life to the last detail, hour by hour.

Not saying I like it; I don't, and I do whatever I can to limit my information trail on the internet.

Obviously, a "personal identifier" in metadata is something most people want, to avoid copyright infringements and misuse. I assume you mean something beyond that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post where you read this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UK. Why?

R.Morrigan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds as though this is part of what was announced by Adobe in 2019 (in partnership with Twitter and the New York Times) called the Content Authenticity Initiative. As pointed out by @TheDigitalDog, this is a user-to-user forum and you can give your feedback directly to Adobe at the link provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that's it, it sounds like something the world really needs and we should all welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The words "in partnership with Twitter" ought to make our hair stand on end .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Leslie Moak Murray Ha. Totally. This certainly removes a lot of the online anonymity so many enjoy. As my grandmother warned me 50 years ago, "Never put anything in writing you don't want the entire world to read." She was ahead of her time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the New York Times, the Washington Post and the BBC are all on board, it can't be all that bad. Can it? 😮

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Journalism Dies in Darkness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jain, please can you help? I'm not technical obviously, I use the acrobat app at the moment and I am thinking of upgrading. I'm a free user in the United Kingdom. I have read in the privacy statement that content including photos are shared and I am very concerned about using the app now. It has been impossible to navigate through to find the actual help I need which is not a good start 😂 I am aware of 26 thousand and something people asking for complete privacy and that 0 have been denied but on app or browser I cannot get the email address or get chat to work to ask for complete privacy on my (personal) account, I would really appreciate getting this done by this afternoon or I will need to find another service, if any of the customer care team could please help me out I'd be very grateful! Thank you for your time everyone.

Kind regards

R.Morrigan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rachel247 wrote:

I'm a free user in the United Kingdom. I have read in the privacy statement that content including photos are shared and I am very concerned about using the app now.

Can you post the link where it says that? So we can figure out if it is mandatory, or optional.

Because even though you are posting about a “new concern,” if you are referring to the same Content Authenticity Initiative that this thread is about, then I am not sure there has been any change…it is, as far as I know, still designed to be optional.

But if you are referring to some other statement that says something like “content is shared” and there is no language also saying that is optional, then that is something to look at more closely, so we would want to look at that link too.

Also, if tne “new concern” is actually about a different topic (not about the Content Authenticity Initiative discussed here), it might need a different thread. But again, we should probably see the same link you are talking about, to be sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are reading a misinterpretation of the upcoming Content Authenticity Initiative that Jain brought up, it might be worth reading about it a little more closely. One part of their web page says:

Throughout this process, the creator of content can choose to preserve attribution or to remain anonymous. Privacy and security of photojournalists and other creators are of the utmost consideration in our work.

It sounds like it might work similarly to how embedding existing image metadata already works in Adobe apps now: You can export with metadata, or choose to strip it on export. So if you want to anonymize your photos, you probably still will be able to.

What the CAI will give us that we don’t have now, is that if you choose to keep the CAI metadata in your photos, and someone edits one of your photos into something quite inflammatory and posts it on Twitter as “fake news” to provoke conflict, you will be able to point to the CAI metadata and say “That is not the actual scene in the photo I took. It has been altered by someone else. It says so right here.”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to put two likes on this post. This seems pretty much to go to the core of the whole isse. And as I said, this looks like something the world really needs now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Conrad, that reply is a textbook definition of "Concise."  Well played.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was July 29th 2021 😂 this is a new concern

R.Morrigan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still wanted to thank Conrad. It's not going to stop him from answering you.

But in the spirit of helping out, I'll provide the link to Adobe's Privacy FAQs. Chat is open Mon-Fri if you still need answers.

https://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course. Why did me observing it was years ago touch a nerve? 🙄 

Thanks Conrad! 😊🙏:rainbow:👍

R.Morrigan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines