• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Creating Actions

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been awhile since I have created an action however I am running into an iisue I don't remeber having before. When I record the action and group all my layers together then stop recording, if I run another action on top of it that is also grouped, it puts the previous group in the folder as well. How do I stop it from doing that?

In the example below I ran my Background Selective Color action. Then I ran my Dodge and Burn action. It automatically put the first action in the D&B group which I dont want. I want to keep all my groups separate

Capture.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you create an action, it will ask you which folder (set) you want to record it into. No worries if it's in the wrong set: just create a new set, name it, and drag and drop your action into it. Be sure to save each Action Set (folder) in the Action panel menu every time you make a change to it or you risk losing those changes.

2B3AA126-0678-4DF8-9486-F1109EB8480A.jpeg

Read this Help file for more info:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/playing-actions.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have them in a set. The problem is when I run the action itself, it puts the layers below it in the action group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I'm confused.

What does it mean to have layers below the action and what does it mean that the layers are put into an action set? Can you clarify what is happening?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I just figured it out. I believe it was a naming conflict

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay. If you still need help, try to show before and after screen shots. If the issue is in the action itself, collapse the actions if you need to reorder them by dragging.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines