Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem in printing

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have come across a problem I haven't had before before in photoshop printing.

When I go into photoshop printing, then print settings, then paper size and choose for instance 5x4(127mmx101.6mm) it now always prints 209.9mmx297.4.

I have gone into costume sizes to look at the size and all seems right till I double click user defined and the original size is replaced by 209.9x297.4, and this is the same for all sizes it seems to default to the above size.

It seems to be stuck on this size.

these are all sizes i created myself, original photoshop sizes when chosen are fine

would really appreciate some guidance on this

thank you in advance

Donal

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

This should help: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-printing-problems.html

To reset Preferences:

Press the Spacebar on your keyboard before you click File > Print. This process resets printer preferences that have been written into the image.

Edit: I'm surprised it got marked as correct. Did it work this time?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Thank you. 
for all the advise. I eventually got it sorted by resetting general settings in photoshop preferences. 

thank you. 
Donal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donal,

Thanks for reaching out. What is your photoshop version? Is it happening with a single file or other files as well? Can you please share us a screenshot of the print dialog box? Please try to reset the print preferences and see if that helps; check detailed steps here.

Let us know if this works.

Regards,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Ranjisha

This is my photoshop version.And below that is whats printing of when i ask for a 5x4 inch.
Ive tryed printing outside photoshop by just opening the file straight from the folder on my desktop and this prints perfecrly.
Below in photos is what i’m doing in photoshop.I have tryed resetting several times but for some reason end up with the print below.
donalo91414099_0-1645541312457.png

donalo91414099_1-1645541312458.jpeg

On 17 Feb 2022,donalo91414099_2-1645541312463.png

at 19:18, Adobe Support Community Mailer <noreply@mail.community.adobe.com> wrote:

donalo91414099_3-1645541312479.png

As you can see from above all seems perfect. now if i hit save and then print i get the wrong size even though the size on Print box is the correct.

So the picture below shows what happens when i go into Manage coustum sizes
donalo91414099_4-1645541312481.png

When I click 5x4 it shows the correct size, so you think pressing okwould allow to print a 5x4 ,not so.it prints 209.9 by297.4 even though it shows 127x101.6

So below is what happens when i press user defined, 
donalo91414099_5-1645541312482.png

So i double clicked user defined and this is what appears in the paper size boxes, and this is the size  the printer is printing.
this is happning with all user defined sizes, not just 5x7
I should point out even if i didn't double click user defined it would print that size.

you can see above the 5x4 is 44x28 if itried to print this i would still get 209.9x 297.4.
I tried making a new 5x4 size but always but always comes out as sbove size.
Again thank you in advance for your help
I hope i have explained it properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the details; please try re-installing your print drivers. Check these steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-printing-problems.html

Did you try resetting the print preferences, as mentioned above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have done all of the above and I'm getting the same result I have re-install my printer drivers, and as I said before when I print from outside photoshop the result is perfect, it's in photoshop as I displayed above where I'm having problems.

Maybe I'm missing something in resetting to print preferences. Could you tell me how to reset print preferences please in case I am doing something wrong. Again thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should help: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-printing-problems.html

To reset Preferences:

Press the Spacebar on your keyboard before you click File > Print. This process resets printer preferences that have been written into the image.

Edit: I'm surprised it got marked as correct. Did it work this time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also scroll down and make sure "Scale to Fit Media" is not checked on.

If you have A4 selected in your printer and A4 paper loaded, but want 5x4 printed actual size, uncheck "Scale to fit Media".

Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 3.27.25 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF it’s a MAC, reset printing system:

On your Mac, choose Apple menu System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners

Press and hold the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.

After you reset the printing system, the list of printers in Printers & Scanners preferences is empty.

Reinstall the print driver, only from the manufacturer, not Apple.

Here is some general Adobe [Mac and Win] info on printing problems,

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-printing-problems.html

Simple reset: hold the space bar when you open the print window. It resets the print dialogs

if that doesn’t help -

Perhaps try resetting Photoshop preferences?

Resetting restores Photoshop's internal preferences, which are saved when Photoshop closes. If they become corrupt then various issues can occur.

Here’s some info on how to do that:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

And

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-reset-photoshop-pre...

You may want to backup your settings and your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences.

Here is general info that:  https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences

Also take a look at the following article and check if that helps: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/printing-color-management-photoshop1.html

Preferences file location: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/preference-file-names-locations-photoshop.html

It may even be time to reinstall Photoshop.

Its recommended that you use the Adobe CC cleaner tool to remove all traces first.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Uninstall Photoshop BUT make sure to choose the option “Yes, remove app preference”.

Once that process finishes, start the installation process and look into the “Advanced Options”. Uncheck “Import previous settings and preferences” and choose to “Remove old versions”.

I hope this helps

neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer

google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. 
for all the advise. I eventually got it sorted by resetting general settings in photoshop preferences. 

thank you. 
Donal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for letting us know. This answer should help others in your situation and is marked correct. 

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines