Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem on choosing multichannel profile

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi dears

i have an problem and that is that when i want to convert my design by my multi channel profile i cant do that and this option is not activate on my photoshop how i can activate that

edit====>convert to profile===>advanced===> i can not checked multi channelUntitled-1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works as expected. You have to convert it to CMYK first and then you can add custom inks/ channels for printing.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tnx for your reply but i have an icc profile and i have to convert my design by multi channel icc profile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. The answer marked as correct here is not correct. I tried converting to CMYK first, but I still can't convert to my multichannel ICC profile.

You can manually add custom spot color channels to a file that is in RGB, CMYK, or Greyscale mode. There is no reason to convert to CMYK first before manually adding spots.

Manually adding spots is NOT the same as converting to multichannel profile. What we're trying to do is the directions on this page:

Creative Suite * Working with color profiles

Under "Convert document colors to Multichannel, Device Link, or Abstract color profiles (Photoshop)"

I installed a multichannel ICC profile in /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles/, restarted Photoshop, but the "multichannel" option is still greyed out under "Advanced" in the "Convert to Profile" dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has someone found out, why you cannot choose the multichannel option? I'm stuck in the same dialogue. I wat to separate colors of images to six channels (black, yellow, blue, red, green, brown) defined by the spot colors of a risograph. The only way i could convert yet was, not to choose multichannel but choose CMYK > Own CMYK > Custom Print colors > and then altered the cyan and magenta. But i could not add two more spot colors in there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add the following observation:
on a MacBook Pro with OS 10.14.6; Photoshop 22.5.6 and Radeon Pro 560X (GraphicsCard) everything works as expected. 
On an iMac Pro (2017) with OS 11.5.2; Photoshop 23.1.1 and Radeon Pro Vega 56 (Graphics Card) there is not the option to convert to multichannel ICC profiles. Why is that so? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know why one and not the other, it works for me if the MC ICC is installed (I don't have an example of it not working though):

mc.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines