Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Problem using Marquee lasso tool in Photoshop 22.5.1

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop v: 22.5.1

When using the marquee tool to higlight an item once highlighted it will not click 'off' unless i use the polygon Lasso tool, I have to creat an new highlighted outline off of the work area. This quite annoying, it adds a tremndous amount of time to my work

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 22.5.1 while using the Lasso tool. Would you mind telling us if you started experiencing the issue after the latest udpates? It would be helpful if you could share a video of what's happening so that we can understand what's going on.

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean that if you just click outside the selected area with the marquee tool, the actual selection doesn't disappear?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If so, maybe you have activated some option on the selection tool (costraints or so on)...

Otherwise I agree with nikunj.m, try to reset preferences

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines