• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with exporting as GIF - please help !

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I 'save for web (legacy)' - GIF 128 dithered, upped to 265 colours - the preview shows the first slide, but cannot load any other slides. All it shows me is a block of colour which is not part of my frame animation. There is an error but I have no idea why it can't do it.

Please help !

For reference, my document is 1080x1080 px, RGB, 7 seconds long - using the frame animation timeline.

(ps. I have the latest version of Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop and Apple software).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not use as Mac, there is something definitely wrong with your setup.  I do not know if it is related to your Mac and its GPU Support it may be.   Your save for web UI shows your exporting a large image for web  that is square 7500px by 7500px which seems large for the web.  However, the preview is set to zoom 12.5% so the square image does not fill the preview area  the image displayed is solid background that has a rose colored pixels.  The problem is the 256 color table shows mostly  yellow and white color shades.  The Image is not being rendered correctly.  If you are using Photoshop 2021 have you reviewed the known issues and turned off Native canvas. PS 2021 has many issues https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything looks good except your preview. As JMack mentioned, do you need 7500 px as that is higher than I ever used for a gif, and you say that you need 1080 x 1080. The preview is showing slide 2, try hitting the play button. Try changing the 256 colors to something else to see if your preview appears.

MikeGondek_0-1625179604271.png

You may want to install an older version of Photoshop, as though you and me and many other love save for web legacy, they are not really testing that thoroughly during upgrades,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have made sure it is now 1080x1080 px, and I tried downgrading the colours to 128

However, as you can see it now shows a white screen (not part of my gif) and it says error and won't load anything!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines