• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with GPU support in PS and LR

New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So both in LR and PS my screen is flickering or turning on/off very fast, whenever I do something.

So eg. I change the contrast, hue or whatever, the problem occurs.

I figured its got to be any problem with the GPU as it disappears when I dont use it via settings.

The problem occured first like 3 months ago and I turned it off as I said, but no I had to do more work and needed the power. But even with new drivers and with the latest versions of Adobe programs it still appears.

TheGPU (RTX 2080 SUper by MSI) works just fine and it is most definetely no hardware problem.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

@Jann5FF2 , before doing the GPU driver dance, can you go into Photoshop preferences, click the Technology Previews line item, and check the box 'Deactivate Native Canvas' and uncheck 'Enable Native Canvas Rulers' options, then restart Photoshop to see if that changes things?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jann5FF2, sorry to hear you are having GPU issues...

A couple things off the bat, have you updated to Ps 23.3.2 (just came out today)? 

Also, try:

Go to Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur? 

Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur? 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G-Sync is disabled.

And is seems like is has nothing to do with GPU Compositing or the Native Canvas.

But as I said, it occurs in PS and LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jann5FF2 , can you send us your Photoshop System info (under the Help menu). A few more questions:

1. Do you have multiple monitors

2. Are you using either/both apps full screen or overlapping windows? Does it happen if you do NOT overlap windows?

3. Does the issue happen if only using one app at at time?

4. If you turn off GPU support in Photsohop > Preferences > Performance, does flickering stop? in both apps? Try the same in Lightroom Preferences > Performance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late answer.

1. Yes I have, but using one monitor only doesn't solve the problem.

2. Both apps full screen always. Problem also only occurs on the monitor where the programs are displayed on.

3. Yes, I always start with LR only and it occurs there too. Then choosing to import it directly to PS and it occurs there too, no matter if LR is closed then or still opened.

4. Without GPU support it works perfectly fine (Just slow then ofc). But rthis problem occurs to me for months now and I had multiple updates for my gpu in that time. And I can't remember having anything changed in the Nvidia settings regaring such things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" Without GPU support it works perfectly fine"

If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. On the Mac, that's part of the OS update(s) so if this is the latest OS version, you may need to roll back a release.
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just because it is related to the GPU, it doesn't mean it cannot be a software fault at Adobes side..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jann5FF2 , before doing the GPU driver dance, can you go into Photoshop preferences, click the Technology Previews line item, and check the box 'Deactivate Native Canvas' and uncheck 'Enable Native Canvas Rulers' options, then restart Photoshop to see if that changes things?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok it seems like it worked in PS, don't know if it was this exact setting, but it only occurs in LR still.

As these settings don't exist in LR (afaik), what could help here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Jann5FF2, glad to hear Mark's suggestion worked for you in Ps.  If you are having issues that are similar in Lr, please post a message in the Lr forum and someone will be able to help you there.

Thanks again,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines