• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with greyed out "Open Recent" command.

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Recently installed Photoshop 2022, and a couple of problems have occured, I hope someone can help with.

I nstalled on my desktop - fine - everything works like a dream. Installed on my laptop (which previously ran 2021 with no problems) and the "Open Recent" command is greyed out. Tried every remedy I could find on-line, with no success.

Don't know if it's related, but when I try to "save as" (usually a Jpeg from a PSD file,) it saves fine, but no little helpful message telling me the file size pops up, as it used to.

My first thought is my laptop is getting old and creaky, like me, but everything worked fine  until  two weeks ago!

Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting Photoshop preferences?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using "Open Recent", I assume you have opened some files and close them within the same session in Photoshop? Otherwise, this option would be greyed out as there was nothing recent.

Just a thought 😉

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi marek

thanks for your two responses.

I have indeed tried resetting my preferences, although it didn't seem to be necessary - i made sure the values box was set at 20 and not at 0. 

I have opened multiple images in a session, and saved them, but  box is still greyed out. Surely though, the 20 most recent images should be displayed next time I open Photoshop? They are when i open on my desktop - even several days later.

Cheers

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roger,

Can you see your recent images on the Welcome screen:

MarekMularczyk_0-1637936017666.png

This would be your alternative to "Open recent" 😉

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Marek, for your advice.

I'm sure there are many work-rounds for my problem - it's just that it is frustrating when something doesn't work, and you don't know why.

Thanks

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. There's nothing more frustrating than software not working, especially when you pay for it 😉

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same greyed-out recent photos issue, but the recent photos window is not available. A tutorial and drag and drop images box appears and I don't know how to remove it. Any help is appreciated. Most recent photoshop of Mac Catalina system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be its due to the server issue. But thanks to the community, I also got the solution from here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys for the updattion regarding this question. Need this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. "New" is generally grayed out! Some said they found the answer, what was it? Yes, I agree, why is Adobe breaking new versions of software that we have bought?

Thanks for a pending answer, I hope...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is a good information. This forum is very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines