Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Liquify tool (grey screen)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !

I have just updated Photoshop into version 22.4.3 ... and now I can not use the LIQUIFY TOOL

When I want to use the filter LIQUIFY, the image is not uploaded and a grey screen appears instead (see the image)

Please, help!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Thaks to all for your suggestions!

Finally I did the following....

I uninstall version 22.4.3 and back to version 22.2

Then I went to Edit / Preferences / Performance / Advanced Adjustments ...and untick all the checkboxes

Now liquify is working again ...lets see what are the consequences

Thanks again for your time and tips

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Thank you i had similar issue but holding alt key and clicking liquify filter fixed it. My issue was photoshop is not able to detect my gpu and because of that i wasn't able to use liquify.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened to me.  There is no fix, but 2 work arounds.

You can turn off graphics acceleration.  Go to Edit/preferences/performance and untick 'Use Graphics Processor'.  Liquify should now work.

Unfortunately, when I turned off the graphic processor other things stopped working, eg there was no bounding box when I wanted to Transform an object and I had to do Ctrl+T then click somewhere on the object for the bounding box to appear so that I could alter the object 😕.

So I re-checked the 'Use Graphics Processor' box, but of course Liquify didn't work again.  So now if I want to use Liquify I have to hold down the Alt key first.  Go to Filter, hold down the Alt key, then click Liquify and it should work.  I keep forgetting though!

This latest update has stuffed up all sorts of stuff for me and being as though I use Photoshop most days I'm not a happy bunny.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you i had similar issue but holding alt key and clicking liquify filter fixed it. My issue was photoshop is not able to detect my gpu and because of that i wasn't able to use liquify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, the Alt key works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you CavemanEmir!  The Alt key works!  I'm relieved LOL!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you soo much.... It worked immediately... I appreciate your help ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try enabling this option in preferences

2021-07-31 12_27_43-© 0063.tif @ 100% (RGB_8#).png

Also try setting the drawing mode to normal instead of advanced

2021-07-31 12_27_16-Preferences.png

Restart Photoshop for both of the above, the Liquify filter works fine for me with Windows 10, Photoshop version 22.4.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately didn't work for me Ged.  Still getting a blank grey screen with a circle in when trying Liquify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Photoshop preferences

2021-07-31 14_31_19-Preferences.png

If that doesn't help try using the Adobe cleaner tool

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

What are you computer system specs, in Photoshop go to Help > System Info, hit the copy button and paste the entire thing into this thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thaks to all for your suggestions!

Finally I did the following....

I uninstall version 22.4.3 and back to version 22.2

Then I went to Edit / Preferences / Performance / Advanced Adjustments ...and untick all the checkboxes

Now liquify is working again ...lets see what are the consequences

Thanks again for your time and tips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This absolutely helped me and made it work again. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mine is the same way too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! DOes anyone know how to fix this issue... I did an update on my IOS and photoshop and now when i open the liquify tool in photoshop i can see the photo but i cant see any of the options to edit. See attached screenshop. Any help would be appreciated thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to PhotoShop but have used other image editing software. I am running an i7 with 16GB of ram. Liquify would not display an image for me to manipulate. Finally fired up a chat session on the Adobe site and the tech there diagnosed the problem in about 5 minutes. My graphics card did not meet the minimum requirements. I was running PS 2022 I thanked the guy, apologized and tried to say goodnight, but he wanted to try something. First he sent me a link to install PS 2022.xx. That didn't work. Then he took over my computer and installed PS 2021 (still no good) and finally PS 2020 and now it works great. So there's an answer hopefully, to somebody's similar problem. And also my opportunity to praise the Adobe support staff who went above and beyond what I expected. Good job and thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 23.1.1 and Liquify works for a while then GRAY SCREEN OF DEATH. The whole thing locks up. And when I restart PS I get the same thing. Same thing. Same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a comment in this thread in 2021.  Sorry to say, that with each update of Photoshop mine worked less and less, and then started eating 100% of my memory and freezing my laptop.  I did all the suggested workarounds and nothing helped.  

As I'm a photographer and use PS almost every day, in the end I had to upgrade my graphics card which meant a new computer as most come built in.  My laptop was only 3 years old and the new one cost me a fortune, as the pandemic made prices skyrocket 🙁.  I now have an Nvidia GeForce gaming graphics card which isn't built in to the laptop and can be upgraded in the future without buying a new machine.  I don't game, but at least it can handle Photoshop.  Everything is now working as it should, including Liquify.

Just thought I'd share my experience.  It may be that if you're having issues your graphics card just isn't up to the demands of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines