• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem with Lr - Ps, images open are corrupt

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am openning a photo from Lr to Ps and as you can see in the picture is not the same (corrupted), and then strange things are happening in Ps, like it is blinking and turning off, specially when I put the mouse on the image.

I uninstall and install photoshop again but the problem continues....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Performance). Any better?
If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC display profile; the old one might be corrupted. If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix, not LUT profile, Version 2, not Version 4 profile.
See: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, but didnt work,. How do I build a new ICC profile? and is not only the color but also that there is a white line when I put mouse into the image  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, but didnt work,. How do I build a new ICC profile? and is not only the color but also that there is a white line when I put mouse into the image  

By @Lucrecia5CC3

Right, I saw a similar line in your other capture. It really looks like a GPU issue. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The muted color is how ProPhoto looks when color management breaks.

There is a current bug that prevents correct embedding of profiles when sending images from Lightroom to Photoshop.

Your screenshot is untagged, so it's impossible to say what it's supposed to look like. But the way it looks to me is that you have Lightroom set to ProPhoto, but Adobe RGB as working space in Photoshop. Without an embedded profile, the working space takes over, and your ProPhoto image treated as Adobe RGB.

The fix is to reset Photoshop preferences, and then re-assign the correct profile to affected files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Within photothsop preferencesm where do I reassing the profile? but is not only one file, are all the files that I open throgh Lr.

thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's where you reset Photoshop preferences:

reset-prefs.png

This fixes the underlying problem, but you still need to assign the missing profile to those files that are affected - which means all the files you have opened this way with this Photoshop version. Older files will be fine, and AFAIK the bug has been fixed in the latest version so that will be OK too.

To assign a missing color profile, Edit > Assign Profile.

assign.png

This is not something you normally need to do, just when the file has no embedded profile like here. But you need to make sure it's the right profile. In this case, it will be the one you have set up under Lightroom Preferences > External Editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines