Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with moving multiple layers within masked group

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to move multiple image layers within a masked group. When I move 1 of the layers it works as intended and I can move the images to the masked selection. However, when I select more than 1 of the images and try to move it the mask also gets moved. How can I accomplish what I am trying to do? I used to do this all the time and had no issues. 

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To note - I have tried unlinking the mask

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please include the Toolbar and Options Bar in the screenshot, too. 

What are the Move Tool’s settings? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post screenshot with Layers panel visible please? I am not sure I understand what is your problem in the first place.

I see no problem to move layers within group when mask is applied to the group. Also, I do not see any problem to move layers inside group with masks attached to layers and unlinked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. If I move one object inside a masked group all works file. If i try to move more than one object iside of a masked group it suddenly moves the mask with the objects. But then if i move, hide, or show any other layer the mask in the group suddenly jumps back to the right place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines