• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with names and extension when saving

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using version 23.0.1 on a Mac running OS Monterey.  When I try to save any image, I put the first letter of the name in the box and immediately, the file extension is inserted.  Any letters I type after that, come after the extension.  I end up, typing the first letter and then having to delete the  .jpg or whatever, before I can put the rest of the name in.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong please?

Many thanks

Paul

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi paulloseby,

could you attach a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spent 2 hours 'chatting' with Adobe and them remotely working my machine.  Eventually, we did find that if I used a 'Test User Account' on initial machine login, it did work.  The Adobe team were going to get back to me but not done so yet.  I did use a comparison site and found that there was a difference in size in the Adobe Photoshop 2022 prefs.psp .  I tried replacing the file in my normal account with the smaller Test User account file, and then restarted the machine.  Still exactly the same sadly.  The application files are exactly the same, so it must be the settings file.  The screenshot below is AFTER copying the test file to my normal user file - and while it still doesn't resolve the problem.

Paul

Screenshot 2021-11-28 at 11.31.37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks for that Jeffery - it has been driving me round the bend.  At least I know.

Kindest regards

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines